There is no doubt that Miami is an emerging community of entrepreneurs and startups. We are becoming a connected community of entrepreneurs, and our ecosystem is attracting talent and capital. It’s a unique experience and if you have a startup in Miami, there are certain things that we experience only here. 10 signs you are a Miami tech founder:
1. How you feel when you had one too many cafecito meetings at Panther Coffee:
2. But then you come back to the office only to find your email inbox FULL…
3. You brag about the beautiful weather on Instagram to your friends…until August comes: it’s 99 degrees outside, it’s humid as hell and all you want is a little shade in your office and to cool down.
4. You live in paradise, but can’t fully enjoy it. So when you finally get a day off, you’re on the beach and making it count.
5. Your best friend and lead programmer tells you he’s found a job and is moving to San Francisco.
6. What you really wish you could tell outsiders when they act surprised that Miami has a growing tech community.
But instead you rant about how Miami is the greatest!
7. How you feel after months of traveling to raise funds, only to be told by investors that they don’t invest in startups from Florida.
8. Then you brush the dirt off cause, you know #startuplife #miamitech
9. What you feel like when you win a demo day.
10. Mamá‘s reaction when she sees your startup story in the Miami Herald’s Business Monday:
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!