To close out 2011, our West Coast swing starts tonight in San Francisco, where we are expecting a great crowd of startups and tech enthusiasts at our mixer. We’ll continue on to Los Angeles and San Diego next week, followed by our first ever mixer in Phoenix in 2 weeks.
Tonight we are showcasing 14 emerging startups, from an iPad app that makes learning the guitar fun and easy to an online platform that lets you track and pay medical bills.
If you’re joining us tonight, here is a rundown on who you will meet:
- Simplee: The free, simple way to track and pay medical bills.
- ComplainApp: Complain to businesses fast,and use the power of the group to help you get it resolved.
- LocalHero: A mobile app that finds friends and people nearby who can help you with the things you need now.
- Contactually: A personal assistant for your professional email contacts that connects directly with your CRM.
- Favo.rs: Where professionals ask and answer each others’ help requests, which can be as simple as a tweet or as important as an intro.
- Happy Toy Machine: People of all ages can create their own cool, cute, and crazy plush toys online.
- Capseo: Delivering better online marketing through its community of SEO and social media experts.
- Giftiki: Transforming the act of giving by providing a fun and social way to gift.
- ZeroCater: This “Pandora for food” makes it dead simple for companies to feed their employees.
- RAVN: As both a traveler’s companion and a local’s insider guide, it’s the easiest way to discover the best activities and events in a city.
- Ovelin: WildChords by Ovelin is an iPad app that makes it fun and easy to learn the guitar.
- JustBeamIt: For simple, one-off file transfers, just open the website, drop a file, share a link, and beam it.
- Wanelo: A social site for bookmarking and sharing your favorite products – and discovering new products.
- Frugalo: Leverages your Facebook graph to offer a social savings network that helps bargain-hunters consolidate deal purchases in one place.