500 Startups today announced the 28 different international and domestic startups that will be going through their accelerator program. They will be the eighth batch to go through the accelerator; however, this time around the program will be held in the new SOMA office, 500 Del Norte, in San Francisco.
Regardless of location, the companies can expect to get the same resources, mentors, events, and programs as the batches in Mountain View. 500 Startups is also opening applications for their next batch there.
Additionally, 500 Startups announced that they will be bringing on two new Venture Partners: Sean Percival and Marvin Liao. Percival will be focusing on Bitcoin investments and helping accelerator startups with distribution and marketing, while Liao seeks out new startups and assists with the accelerator program.
Here are the 28 startups:
- BidAway: Their platform for vacations matches excess capacity in the luxury leisure industry with discerning customers via real-time, online auctions.
- clippPR: They make it easy for brands and agencies to clip all their press, measure the value of PR, and re-engage in public conversations to build trust and loyalty.
- CultureAlley: Use this platform to learn languages via interactive videos before practicing your new skill on your own Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- Doorman: Package delivery on demand until midnight, 7 days a week.
- DOZ: A cloud-based marketing agency founded on crowdsourcing principles and matching algorithms. DOZ helps online businesses to go international by automatically curating local marketers and putting them to work in an all-in-one platform.
- Enchanted Diamonds: They help you discover the ring size and taste preferences of the one you love by launching the Engagement Ring Registry.
- Equipboard: An ecommerce platform that connects products to the influencers using them; think IMDb for products.
- FameBit: A marketplace that makes it easy for businesses to find, hire, and work with YouTube influencers for product and service endorsements.
- Friend Trusted: Take a picture of your kitchen or bathroom and see estimates from top-rated contractors from the app for home remodel projects.
- Guidekick: A mobile interpretive tool that creates an immersive and engaging learning experience for visitors at high profile historical attractions.
- Holidog: A European marketplace for pet owners.
- I3zif.com: They teach users how to play musical instruments through video tutorials by musicians in the Arab world in both Arabic and English languages.
- Ja Entendi: An eLearning solution that leverages blue-collar workers in Brazil to transform content like books, booklets, and manuals into video lessons that accelerate the learning process.
- Pijon: They keep college students happy and healthy while keeping families connected via college care package delivery.
- PredictionIO: An open source machine learning server for software developers to create predictive features, such as personalization, recommendation, and content discovery.
- Quest: Ask a question and get an answer within minutes via text message.
- Raisy: They partner with brands and services to provide easy and profitable online fundraising programs for schools.
- Rapt.fm: A comprehensive platform for artists to build a fan base, get discovered, give live concerts, and monetize. Think Chat Roulette for rap battles.
- Remark: A browser-based platform for video annotation.
- Roam & Wander: Roam & Wander makes games, apps, and toys for kids under the TuTu and DiDi brands.
- ShareRoot Inc: The leading Social Marketing suite for Pinterest. We help large brands drive and measure Pinterest engagement.
- Shippo: We make international shipping easy and cheap for ecommerce businesses by aggregating shipping volumes and giving customers access to cheaper shipping providers.
- Simmr: Simmr elevates the typical meal out by giving diners access to behind-the-scenes experiences at their favorite restaurants: kitchen tours, meeting the chef or owner, learning how to make dishes on the menu, and special tastings.
- SoundBetter: A marketplace for music production talent that connects millions of independent musicians with professional music producers, session musicians, mixing, and mastering engineers.
- Unwind Me: Building the brand for accessible massage and wellness. They make it easy for anyone to book and receive a high-quality massage, when and where they want, at an affordable price.
- VenueSpot: An online marketplace where venues bid to host your events. Post your event, receive multiple bids, and choose your venue.
- Whale Path: An on demand research platform that allows professionals to order business research from a group of qualified and vetted students. The technology allows research to be delivered in just a few days.
- WUZZUF: We do intelligent job matching by simulating how “human” recruiters actually think, screen applicants, and communicate with both employers and job seekers.