Tech Cocktail is excited to be headed back to Boise in just a few weeks to team up with develop.idaho for another Tech Cocktail Mixer & Startup Showcase on Wednesday, April 23rd. Make sure you join us at Stueckle Sky Center, Boise State University to meet some of Boise’s hottest startups and see them compete for a chance to become the Nation’s Hottest Startup.
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand, showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is Boise’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive recognition in the editor’s note of the weekly newsletter and added press recognizing the honor of being elected Boise‘s Hottest Showcasing Startup, as well as a chance for a spot at this year’s national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate. Don’t miss out.
Who is Boise’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- Aalaniel Crating Systems, Inc. - Wooden crates used in the moving and storage industries have been historically used once and disposed of…or, if they are used repeatedly, often become broken and hard to reuse because of staple and nail fasteners used in their construction. The construction of these custom crates are also very labor intensive, adding cost to the moving and shipping expenses. Usually third party vendors are required to construct the crates for the professional movers and/or storage companies. Our crating system can be assembled by the moving or storage personnel without the use of tools or other hardware. The system breaks down into a convenient storage carrier box that can easily be available on any jobsite location.
- Cellfy - We set out to change the way people take Selfies. Our products offer simple, convenient ways to take a selfie, or group shots.
- BasedIn – BasedIn can save you from hours of researching local businesses and their pricing. We can save you money because you can ask for your own deals. We help business receive more leads. BasedIn ultimately allows the consumer to know they are getting the best business-fit in the least amount of time.
- Customer Dish – Many businesses are too busy to gather customer feedback in one-on-one interactions. In the past, these businesses have relied upon paper, phone, and web-based customer feedback and survey programs. These systems are inconvenient and inefficient, requiring customers to engage in cumbersome and overwhelming processes, while businesses have difficulty organizing feedback, making positive responses to these interactions rare. This has resulted in a proliferation of publicly displayed, often negative, customer review sites, which provide an easier and more effective outlet for customer responses. Customer Dish offers business owners and managers the opportunity to gather confidential, real-time feedback and survey responses directly through customers’ mobile phones, requiring no additional software or login accounts, and beating bad reviews before they happen. Customers simply text their feedback, while businesses respond to regular reports and promote ongoing contact and loyalty.
- Direct Local Food – The process of ordering local food is time intensive and complicated for the wholesale buyer. Farmers have limited time and resources for sales and marketing, yet need to increase revenues from wholesale channels. We make ordering local food easy for chefs, grocery, and other institutional buyers. Our farmer customers save time and increase sales to current and new buyers. Our buyer customers save time and find the best local products available. Features include easy inventory management and sales for the farmer, and streamlined product searches and online ordering for buyers. In March we will launch online payments through Stripe, followed by mobile apps for Android and iOS in June. buyers. This saves farmers time on marketing and sales, and frees them to concentrate on the hard work of farming or serving the end consumer.
- GoGo Labs – GoGo Labs engages students and empowers educators as heroes of learning using quest-based learning technology, training, and content. We help schools, teachers, and students in over 16 countries create powerful, digital-age gamified learning ecosystems designed to promote educational success.
- RetroLux – RetroLux™ helps lighting contractors and suppliers win deals profitably, increase productivity, manage jobs and clients, order products online and collaborate with team members. Retrolux attempts to fundamentally change the age old question: How many people does it take to change a light bulb? By providing a mobile data entry and product management solution, we have reduced both travel and data entry soft costs. Our integrated and consolidated database reduces product look up time as well as reducing errors and omissions from repetitive data entry. Long term project tracking improves business and sales analytics while automatically notifying project stakeholders of new opportunities and needs.
- Ruckus Fermentation – Homebrewing is a science. Over half of the active homebrewing community (AHA statistics) have a Masters Degree or higher. This can make learning how to homebrew very complicated, and most times very expensive. Imagine investing hundreds of dollars and weeks of your time to make your own homebrew, and the end result isn’t worth the bud light you pay for by the “rack”. This is why a majority of first time users, never start again. It’s the main reason I never tried it before. Our novel technology makes homebrewing simpler to understand, easier to do right the first time, and is so compact that you don’t even have to clean out your garage.
- Salmon Social Inc. – Salmon Social is an upcoming feature #documentary film following the creation of a social media app. The fun began March 2, 2014.
- Sprread – For business owners who want a simple way to engage new customers, Sprread is a digital loyalty rewards platform that converts new customers into loyal fans. Unlike other loyalty platforms that charge for loyalty, Sprread believes you earned your loyal customers so we only charge after we successfully attract new business.