The 2014 International CES kicks off today, and you have the chance to get your books signed from now until Friday.
Authors like Robert Scoble and Randi Zuckerberg will be signing books in the LVCC Grand Lobby and sitting down for interviews at the Experience CEA Stage. Here is the schedule:
Larry Downes and Paul Nunes – Big Bang Disruption: Strategy in the Age of Devastating Innovation
To survive in the age of disruption, tech companies should follow the 12 rules outlined in this book.
- Interview: Tuesday, 10:30-11 am
- Book signing: Tuesday, 11 am-noon
Robert Scoble and Shel Israel – The Age of Context: Mobile, Sensors, Data, and the Future of Privacy
Contextual technologies – which “understand” things about you and your environment – are the latest evolution in tech, made popular by Google Glass. This book describes how contextual technology will influence the way you live and work in the future.
- Interview: Tuesday, noon-12:30 pm
- Book signing: Tuesday, 12:30-1:30 pm
- Read Tech Cocktail’s book summary
This book answers the FAQ of our digital life.
- Interview: Wednesday, 11:30 am-noon
- Book signing: Wednesday, noon-1 pm
Bushnell, who was Steve Jobs’s first boss in the tech industry, explains his vision of leadership and mentorship.
- Interview: Wednesday, 12:30-1 pm
- Book signing: Wednesday, 1-2 pm
John Dearie and Courtney Geduldig – Where the Jobs Are – Entrepreneurship and the Soul of the American Economy
This book recommends government policies that would help startups create even more jobs.
- Interview: Wednesday, 1:30-2 pm
- Book signing: Wednesday, 2-3 pm
Randi Zuckerberg – Dot Complicated: Untangling Our Wired Lives
This book, which comes with a companion website, helps teach us how to deal with the challenges and complications of technology in our lives.
- Interview: Wednesday, 5-5:30 pm
- Book signing: Wednesday, 4-5 pm
Gary Shapiro – Ninja Innovation: The Ten Killer Strategies of the World’s Most Successful Businesses
Learn what top innovators have in common with ninjas – namely, traits like decisiveness, adaptability, and agility.
- Interview: Thursday, 11-11:30 am
- Book signing: Thursday, 11:30 am-12:30 pm
Gary Beach – The US Technology Skills Gap: What Every Technology Executive Must Know to Save America’s Future
Learn what America can do to nurture more talent in the STEM fields.
- Interview: Thursday, 1-1:30 pm
- Book signing: Thursday, 1:30-2:30 pm
Tech Cocktail is an official media partner of the 2014 International CES.