In case you missed it, Tech Cocktail has proudly partnered with 1776, the Washington, DC-based startup incubator, to bring you the Challenge Cup – a global competition to identify the hottest startups in education, energy, health, and smart cities.
On November 4th, Challenge Cup will bring the excitement to 1871 in Chicago, where more than thirty startups will battle for the four regional winners’ spots within their respective category.
The winners from each of the 16 events (8 international, 8 within the US) will move onto the final round and with it, the chance to win the $150,00 grand prize.
But we want to know what YOU think! Weigh in and let us know which of these SMART CITIES startups from the event is the hottest by voting in the poll at the bottom of this post! The winner of the Reader’s Choice Polls from each group will be announced on tech.co on Tuesday, November 12th.
Who is The Challenge Cup Chicago’s Hottest Showcasing Smart Cities Startup?
- CityScan, Inc. – Inspects, observes, and predicts street-level activity and changes that impact cities.
- Spare to Share, LLC – Web and mobile platform that enhances community experience through sharing, renting, selling, or collaboration within existing closed networks such as residential buildings, student housing & small businesses.
- CurbNinja - Crowd-sourced motorcycle parking application that helps motorcycle and scooter enthusiasts find best places to park in busy urban centers.
- Virtual Agora - Platform for people of diverse views to meet and debate in structured format focusing on local community issues; gamification of debate process with built-in self-regulating mechanism bringing top views based on facts and logic.
- LoadCost – Provider of online solutions, that help small, U.S. trucking companies decrease operational costs and increase profits.
- Every Last Morsel - community marketplace for locally grown food; provides small farms with record-keeping tools and easy-to-use sales outlets that allow them to focus on doing what they love — growing food.