In case you missed it, Tech Cocktail has proudly partnered with 1776, the Washington, DC-based startup incubator, to bring you the Challenge Cup – a global competition to identify the hottest startups in education, energy, health, and smart cities.
Earlier this week, the first Challenge Cup was held at 1776 in DC, where 36 startups vied for the four regional winners’ spots within their respective category.
The winners from each of the 16 events (8 international, 8 within the US) will move onto the final round and with it, the chance to win the $150,00 grand prize.
But we want to know what YOU think! Weigh in and let us know which of these 9 smart cities startups from the event is the hottest! The winner of the Reader’s Choice Polls from each group will be announced on tech.co on Friday, November 8th.
Who is The Challenge Cup DC’s Hottest Showcasing Smart Cities Startup?
- RideScout – Smartphone app that aggregates all ground transportation options around a user in real time.
- Ostendio - Virtual cloud-based information security management for small and medium sized businesses.
- Greenease – Connects customers to restaurants that source from local farms.
- SurveySnap – Site-survey collaboration software for Architecture, Engineering and Construction industries.
- Phone2Action – Mobile and web tools that help non-profits, advocacy groups, and trade associations connect supporters with elected officials to win grassroots campaigns.
- NeXt – Windshield transparent LED display that integrates with your smartphone.
- TransitLabs - Robust web and mobile software platform that provides an innovative one-stop solution for transit data management.
- TrendPo - TrendPo scores online social engagement and conversation on Facebook and Twitter to provide the most profitable lead lists for ad agencies and individual advertisers, focusing on politicians to increase engagement with constituents.
- Spend Consciously - By scanning bar code, consumers can instantly determine whether what they are buying matches their individual values.