May 8, 2014
Hey Chicago, the Mixer parade is coming your way! On Wednesday, May 21st, we’ll be kicking off our Mixer & Startup Showcase event with inspiring talks from Cars.com with an all-star panel discussion about Technology and Product Development featuring panelists from BrightTag, Braintree, and Cars.com; served over cocktails, of course. But until than, Tech Cocktail is excited to announce the awesome companies that were selected to showcase and show off their “goods” below. Make sure you join us at John Barleycorn- River North to meet these revolutionizing startups and see them compete for a spot as the Nation’s Hottest Startup.
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand, showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is Chicago’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here). The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive recognition in the editor’s note of the weekly newsletter and added press recognizing the honor of being elected Chicago‘s Hottest Showcasing Startup, as well as a chance for a spot at this year’s national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate. Don’t miss out.
Who is Chicago’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- Chitter – We aggregate and expedite the business or brands evolution to using their consumers content for marketing and promotional purposes. As the connected consumer becomes more and more the norm, traditional marketing becomes less and less effective because the connected consumer is savvy. User generated content is relied upon and trusted most by this consumer, however, most traditional marketing budgets don’t reflect this. We provide a front-to-back solution from consulting, to a mobile app, to behavioral analytics that make an easy transition for the business to maximize the Dynamic Customer Journey.
- CurbNinja – The major street parking dilemma for motorcycle and scooter enthusiasts, where they experience parking tickets, expensive towing and damage to their bikes, We help riders: • Find free & paid street parking spaces in urban centers • Parking safely in spots vetted by fellow riders • Sharing other great parking spots with the community • Avoiding costly parking tickets & towing bills Saving time when looking for motorbike parking.
- Foxtrot – Foxtrot is an on-demand service delivering a curated menu of beer, wine, spirits, fresh foods and other essentials in under an hour. More than simply “fast grocery delivery,” our rotating menus and smart curation create a dynamic platform for consumer discovery and provide a unique marketing platform for local and national brands to reach targeted demographics.
- Hoodle – Building a home is one of the most complex, personal purchase decisions most people ever make. You have to find a neighborhood, amenities of that neighborhood, school district, lot lists, plat maps, etc. And that’s just to get started with picking where you want to build! Additionally, in an area like Texas or Atlanta you have over 2K new construction neighborhoods to compare and find info on (which is not available anywhere). On the flip side, builders and land developers are not great marketers. They typically aren’t on the web (depending on the market) or have a very poor and usually outdated online presence. Hoodle aggregates both sides of the market so sellers can better market their business and developments, and buyers can compare neighborhoods and builders they’re interested in. We streamline the entire building process and make it easy.
- Loop – Loop is putting an end to bad networking. We’re helping young people expand their professional network with efficiency.
- ShowMojo – ShowMojo simplifies the leasing process for everyone. Residential rental professionals use ShowMojo to grow their businesses, increase their profit margins, and delight prospective renters. These renters can schedule a showing right where they find the listing — online. No more phone tag nor email scheduling shock. And ShowMojo’s showtime clustering and confirmation processes can reduce no-show rates by as much as 95%.
- Shrtwv – Shortwave is a way of leaving fully anonymous messages and pictures that capture moments experienced in that immediate vicinity. The captured messages and pictures can be seen by other users who pass through the same area. Users can like waves and they can see how many likes their own waves have received. We have seen some innovative uses of the app, from shelter volunteers sharing pictures of adoptable pets to college students documenting their campus life for future classes to experience. Shortwave as a platform seamlessly enables these local use cases.
- StandardHealth – People living in poorer countries often don’t have access to the internet, but still have a need for high quality, reliable health information. HealthSMS bridges the gap by allowing anyone with a phone to access a large health info database, track their health, nutritional, and exercise data.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!