Next week, as part of Digital Capital Week Week 2012 (aka DCWEEK), Tech Cocktail will be hosting a massive Mixer event. Typically a Tech Cocktail mixer will showcase a dozen or so local startups. To match the scale of this week long festival, however, we’re shining the spotlight on 25 DC-area startups. This event is not to be missed. < Register here >
But before the event begins, we want to know what you think - who is DCWEEK’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event).
Tech Cocktail’s exclusive airline partner American Airlines will provide the winner of the hottest startup competition with 5,000 Business ExtrAA® points, which can be redeemed for exciting travel awards*.
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple of minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. Don’t miss out.
- Attentive.ly - Today’s customers, donors, and members expect more than an email blast. Find out what your contacts are saying on social media, who has Klout, and what topics, hashtags and URLs are trending among the people who matter most to your organization. Engage them Attentive.ly.
- Bizelo - Bizelo provides small businesses with a large and growing collection of online web applications that address the gaps in the market, most priced below $30 a month. Bizelo apps work simply and simply work.
- Blastroots - BlastRoots, Inc. is building a patent-pending platform that helps anyone create a grassroots campaign to change public policy. The company aims to bridge the gap between today’s historically high dissatisfaction with government and historically low sense that government can be fixed.
- bookacoach - bookacoach is an interactive web based application that connects athletes and parents with verified safe and qualified coaches.
- cannon.fm - The pandora for local music.
- Connect2Parents - Connect2Parents is a web-based service that enables schools and teachers to send notifications via text messages to multiple parents at once via the Internet or a cell phone.
- Dormify – Dormify is an online-only content and commerce brand focused on arming college students with the tools to create a space that is uniquely their own while at school and beyond.
- Easy WebContent - The capability of the Easy WebContent Presenter is only limited by the users imagination; It allows for the creation of web and mobile friendly animations, interactive presentations, presumes (presentation resumes), interactive infographics and banners, and much more.
- Encore - Every mission-driven organization has incredibly powerful stories to tell everyday, but how do you communicate these stories to your grassroots supporters in a way that inspires action and furthers your mission? With built-in best practices (and no bells and whistles!), Encore is a web solution that helps you capture amazing stories as they happen and share them with your supporters in minutes.
- eNoteBook - eNotebook is note-taking app for the iPad, that allows students to create digital notebooks that instantly incorporate teacher-supplied files and student notes.
- Eventstir - Eventstir is a crowdfunding platform for events. It engages attendees by having them involved in the event hosting process by having them pledge to join events.
- Gryphn - Gryphn delivers innovative, high quality and scalable solutions to protect your privacy in an increasingly mobile world.
- JetJoose - JetJoose utilizes the experience of 3,000+ flight crew from every major airline who travel extensively and who provide content and recommendations on the best and most affordable places to stay, eat, visit and shop.
- Kojami – Kojami is a one-of-a-kind event marketing and analytics solution. With all the options available for getting the word out about events, Kojami is a one-stop shop in disseminating and tracking the progress in real-time of any event across all major marketing mediums.
- Local Energy Technology - The Local Energy Technology platform introduces a groundbreaking solution to energy billing and enforcement issues in emerging markets.
- Markerly - Markerly is your highlighter on the web, allowing you to personalize what you share and bookmark the key points you find interesting – like Pinterest for text.
- PersonSpot - PersonSpot, Inc. operates a social branding application targeting individuals and organizations that look to express, promote, define themselves, or their business by becoming the publishers of their own personal or group online magazines.
- Praescient Analytics - Praescient Analytics provides three primary services to clients in the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Intelligence Community, and Commercial sector.
- Speek – Speek takes the work out of conference calls. Our super simple and visual conference platform uses a personal or business link, rather than a traditional phone number and PIN to connect conference calls.
- TeamVisibility - TeamVisibility is a simple app that helps sales and support leaders make their teams better in as little as 15 minutes a day.
- Tixelated - Tixelated is a party planning platform that enables people to collect funds for their parties while enhancing the social experience.
- Uplift - Uplift, Inc. guides PreK-12 students of color through innovative educational experiences in Science, technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), teaching them how to solve everyday problems as they work towards making real world impact.
- Vookup - Vookup is a free site that makes it easy and fun for groups or friends to virtually coordinate and plan social activities together.
- Woofound - Woofound creates web and mobile products that help users discover things to do, music, movies, books and more.
*For additional information about the Business ExtrAA® program, visit www.businessextraa.com