Another day, another fresh new class of startups launching to the public. This time it’s demo day for Launch Pad Ignition, a tech accelerator based in New Orleans.
The program offered coworking space, mentorship, and up to $20,000 (for startups not yet funded).
“We really focused on companies that were going to be able to get to launch and be able to demonstrate traction by the end of the program,” explained cofounder Chris Schultz. In fact, the program was expanded from 7 weeks to 12 weeks, and nearly all the demoing startups have already launched – with 3 generating revenue.
Here’s the second class (based in New Orleans unless otherwise noted):
- Red Ticket Games: A mobile game studio, whose first creation is build-your-own-trivia game ExpertTrivia, modeled after Trivial Pursuit. Founded by Barrett Conrad, who built an app called Routine and was inspired to enter Launch Pad Ignition by last year’s demo day.
- Giftmeo: A gifting platform where you can pitch in to buy gifts for friends or family. Cofounded by Louisiana State University grads Martin Roth (founder of Contemporary Masculine) and Michael Angle (previous owner of Classes on Demand).
- VoteIt: A fun tool for making group decisions. Angel-funded and cofounded by serial entrepreneur Taylor Beery, as well as Matt Wisdom and Andy Wisdom (cofounders of TurboSquid).
- Kinobi: An education platform that uses Microsoft Kinect to coach instructors on teaching (including body language and speaking). Founded by Chapman Snowden, who has experience in the education industry.
- Unawkward: An app to meet new people around local experiences. Founded by former Zappos employee Gerard Ramos.
- Lawyerfy (Los Angeles, CA): A legal platform for lawyers to connect with clients. Cofounded by University of Southern California grads Jeffrey Lin and Arjan Singh (JD).
- Connect for a Cause: An auction tool where you donate to nonprofits in exchange for a meeting with a business leader or influential exec. Founder Jason Nicosia aims to combine networking and charity.
Check out the first class of Launch Pad Ignition from 2011.