April 26, 2012
MuckerLab, a tech accelerator based in Los Angeles, is bringing its first child into the world today.
Or 9 children, rather – startups offering everything from an all-you-can-fly airline membership to a credit card that holds all your credit cards. They’ve spent 3 months incubating at MuckerLab HQ, nourished by mentorship and up to $21,000 each in funding.
Here is MuckerLab’s first class:
- Instacanvas: A marketplace where you can buy artists’ versions of Instagram photos. Their team is full of Instagram lovers.
- Laffster: An entertainment site featuring comedy videos from YouTube and elsewhere. Founded by former Warner Brothers advertising strategist Dan Altmann, former Google engineer Geoffrey Plitt, and Eric Posen.
- Lifecrowd: A marketplace for fun activities; you can become a host or join a session like volunteer tree planting or a Cinco de Mayo cooking class. With a 24-person team, their goal is to help everyone live life to the fullest.
- Surf Air: An all-you-can-fly private airline membership service, with flights in California. Designed to reduce lines, fees, and the overall misery of flying.
- Wallaby Financial: A single credit card that carries information for all your credit cards and distributes payment among them to maximize points and rewards.
- Penango: A browser extension that authenticates and encrypts messages in Gmail and Zimbra.
- Retention Science: A retention marketing platform to help you keep your customers over time.
- Ecinity: An online marketing service that uses AI to automatically attract new customers – with little or no work required. The founding team comes from companies like Google, Yahoo, and AT&T.
- OttoLikes Lab: Recommends products and services to buy, online and offline, based on new algorithms.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!