Tech Cocktail has traveled the country, from Dallas to DC, Boise to Boston, uncovering the hottest startups in more than 20 cities. Now, the word is out: winning startups from each city will go onto the next round and get the chance to qualify for Tech Cocktail Celebrate, our new national startup competition held in Downtown Vegas on October 23 – 25.
Denver, here’s your chance to show us what ya got! Join us at McNichols Building for an evening of Denver’s hottest early-stage startups and cocktails with your neighbors and technophile friends.
(Must be a Denver Startup Week badge holder to attend)
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is Denver’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event - get the official rules here).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive the following: Invitation to Tech Cocktail Celebrate, additional time on stage to share what’s new with their startup, invitation to an upcoming Tech Cocktail Week, as well as the honor of being recognized as Denver‘s Hottest Showcasing Startup. Don’t miss out.
(Startups, apply here)
- AlchemyAPI – AlchemyAPI is a text mining platform providing the most comprehensive set of semantic analysis capabilities in the natural language processing field. Used over 3 billion times every month, AlchemyAPI enables customers to perform large-scale social media monitoring, target advertisements more effectively, track influencers and sentiment within the media, automate content aggregation and recommendation, make more accurate stock trading decisions, enhance business and government intelligence systems, and create smarter applications and services.
- Campuscene – Campuscene is bringing adaptive marketing and data analytics to the college admissions process. Each year colleges combine to spend $7B recruiting students to their school, but even with this huge budgets their processes are antiquated, static, and fail to meet the expectations of modern, digitally-inclined applicants.
- Cloud Elements - With Cloud Elements, developers and enterprises leverage reusable ‘Elements’ to build cloud applications faster by dramatically reducing the time required to integrate, monitor and maintain leading PaaS and SaaS cloud services.
- Couragent - The Flip-Pal mobile scanner enables you to effortlessly collect precious photos, important documents, fragile records of personal and family history, detailed coins, jewelry, medals, hand-drawn art, and other keepsakes. Now they can be safely stored digitally rather than scattered, lost or unable to be found. Then create your story and connect with family and friends.
- Digital Fridge - Digital Fridge is the next step in managing your Mobile Media (pictures, videos, audio, notes and check-ins).
- egoBoom – The egoBoom platform aggregates, analyzes and reports on quantitative psychometric feedback through the use of patent-pending data collectors. Our service facilitates the collection of unique business intelligence and personal social insight, allowing for crucial insight into the rift between self-image and public perception.
- FlyinAway - We exist to make the travel experience better and cheaper for our members. Our members collaboratively choose where they want to fly, when, and at what price, giving them full control over their travel plans. We know the travel industry, and want to make traveling easier and more fun for you. At FlyinAway, members always get the best deal on their airfare….they choose it!
- Kapta – Kapta allows CEOs to quickly and easily communicate company goals through the entire organization, track every employee’s expected contribution against key initiatives and see status in real-time.
- LegiNation - We track legislation from all 50 states and make it easily searchable and accessible. We think of ourselves as Google for Democracy.
- myhub – myhub™ is an all-new social network designed to help users discover a variety of local events and plan upcoming events with friends. Using Myhub, users can create events, send invites and collect funds all in one place – for a better more organized event planning experience.
- Octa – Octa creates distinctive mobile accessories that make the digital experience more enjoyable. Octa was founded in 2010 and launched its first product line, TabletTail, at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show.
- P2Binvestor - Our company provides crowdfunded receivables loans to growing businesses who need working capital. We give investors a much better yield then they could get at a bank while giving them the opportunity to support businesses directly. And we give businesses a new kind of social funding avenue.
- Plink - Plink is an online-to-offline rewards program that motivates members to make offline purchases.
- Rental Kharma - Rental Kharma helps both consumers and businesses build their credit by reporting their rent payments to the credit bureaus. Most renters and businesses pay their rent on time but their timely rent payment history is not included on their credit report. We built a simple way for them to verify their past rent payments and have these rent payments counted towards their credit.
- StartUpTradeUp - SUTU offers an online marketplace for existing business and start-up companies along with individuals to trade and barter their surplus skills, space or products/services, minimizing waste of their respective assets.