March 1, 2010
Digital Capital Week (DCWEEK), a 10 day festival in Washington D.C. focused on technology, innovation and all things digital in our nation’s capital was just announced to take place from June 11th – 20th. Modeled after Internet Week NY, Social Media Week, FotoWeek DC, Fringe Festival, etc. — DCWEEK will consist of a series of distributed events produced and hosted by individuals, organizations and community groups.
In addition the event will be making a concerted effort to include underserved communities and youth – we believe Digital Capital Week can make significant progress in terms of bridging the digital divide in DC.
DCWEEK is a time to do the following:
- to learn from others through sessions, keynotes, workshops and panels
- to meet new friends, clients, partners, investors and collaborators
- to focus on the issues that can be addressed in new ways
- to come together to support innovative businesses, people and ideas
- to showcase the DC area as a region for technology, innovation and creativity
- to work on projects that benefit the city and the world
- to experiment with what’s possible
- to have fun at some great parties!
DCWEEK is free to the first 2,000 to attend – registration is open – RSVP HERE.
DCWEEK is co-produced by iStrategyLabs and Shiny Heart Ventures. iStrategyLabs is an idea foundry that brings new ideas to life in the digital and physical world for clients, communities and ourselves. We specialize in experiential, word-of-mouth, and social media marketing. Shiny Heart Ventures is a technology company with heart and soul, focused on creating community powered products and services that remind us of the joys of life.
DCWEEK has support from the WDCEP (Washington DC Economic Partnership), DC Office of Planning, CTDC (Cultural Tourism DC), OCTO (DC’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer) and the city’s BIDS (Business Improvement Districts).
Ways You Can Participate:
- Attend! Register here: http://dcweek.eventbrite.com and build an itinerary here: http://bit.ly/dcwcal. Most events won’t be populated until late Spring.
- Host an event/session.
- Lead/participate in a project – Digital Capital Week is not just 10 days of parties and sessions. It’s also an opportunity for you to collaborate on a project with others. If you’d like to participate in a project, please use the event RSVP to indicate your lever of interest.
- Sponsor or Partner with DCWEEK – contact DJ Saul or Frank Gruber.
Of course, we will be hosting a huge TECH cocktail event on the Thursday night of Digital Capital Week so be sure to RSVP for TECH cocktail DC too.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!