August 8, 2013
Yesterday, DreamIt New York, a collaborative effort between DreamIt Ventures, Comcast Ventures, and Startl, hosted its demo day at the McGraw Hill Auditorium in New York City. The accelerator officially kicked off in May and focused on education technology, underserved and underrepresented businesses, and Israeli startups.
DreamIt guided their 2013 summer class to create great ideas and turn them into great companies. To that end, they operate on a multi-layered platform that focuses on capital, coaching, connections, curriculum, and community.
“New startups today need only a little funding, but they need more help and support than ever before,” says the DreamIt team. “They need a community of fellow entrepreneurs, technologists, mentors and coaches, legal services, and opportunity.”
The 15 startups featured at DreamIt’s New York demo day are:
- Callida Energy: Software that learns building energy use patterns to increase net operating income.
- CreatorUp: An online web series school that teaches film creators a new collaborative process.
- GamePress: A platform for creating, sharing, and playing custom video games.
- Hey Kiki: A search and discovery engine that aggregates different types of classes from trusted, local instructors.
- InstruMagic: An audio processing interface that puts mobile musical instruments in your hands.
- Serviceful: A dedicated online home concierge for busy homeowners.
- Mimoona: A platform that allows your website users to crowdfund their initiatives on your site.
- Miner: Discover relevant offers and content during your visit to businesses, venues, and events.
- Perkle: Support causes that matter to you while shopping at your favorite stores.
- Stylr: A platform that helps you find the clothes you love in the stores near you.
- TouchBase: Technology that enables a way for codes on physical objects to be read by any touchscreen device.
- TradeUp: An adaptive learning platform that helps job seekers find jobs.
- Trippin’In: A startup on a mission to disrupt the local recommendations space worldwide.
- We Did It: They help nonprofits utilize crowdfunding to raise money for their projects and causes.
- wireLawyer: An online platform to help small to mid-sized law firms operate on a level playing field with big law firms.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!