November 3, 2015
Back in August the Milwaukee based, top 15 ranked accelerator gener8tor officially welcomed five startup companies to their program. Well, the 12 week program is finally coming to a close, and each startup has received strong support with regard to building community, raising capital, getting mentorship, tapping networks, and expertise. Not to mention they also each got initial $20,000 cash investments with the guarantee for follow on capital.
This cohort, the seventh gener8tor has churned out, will be presenting their polished companies at the invite only Premiere Night event. Each of gener8tor’s Milwaukee 2015 companies will give a five minute pitch, where an audience of over 400 investors, entrepreneurs, and community members will be listening.
After the event they’ll look to strengthen the already sterling reputation of the gener8tor accelerator further, joining the 38 previous companies that have raised a cumulative $50 million in funding. The companies featured at this fall’s Premiere Night event include:
- AkitaBox (Madison, WI), Todd Hoffmaster – CEO: AkitaBox is a location-based SaaS application for building and property managers. AkitaBox tracks what equipment, assets and rooms are in a building, where they are located and provides information for preventative maintenance, repairs and capital planning. AkitaBox has MRR of $6,736.66 and currently hosts more than 35,600 documents across 312 buildings.
- Tiz (Chicago, IL), Jonathan Mandell: Tiz’s SaaS platform allows liquor stores, bars and restaurants to order directly from alcohol distributors. Retailers can order 24/7 and have full access to products, pricing, specials and discounts. Distributors can reach more accounts, sell new products, promote specials and free up their sales reps to do more selling. Tiz has eight distributors committed to using its online ordering platform and introducing it to their retail accounts.
- needls. (Toronto, Canada), Justin Hartzman – CEO: The needls. ad platform allows businesses to automatically create, target and optimize digital ads across Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. needls. determines the perfect target audience for these ads by monitoring social media conversations through its proprietary purchase intent engine. needls. currently has more than 1,000 customers and generates $33,000 of MRR.
- Player’s Health (Chicago, IL), Tyrre Burks – CEO: Player’s Health creates a mobile, web-based athletic health record (AHR) for youth athletes. Each HIPAA-compliant AHR is created by, managed by, and accessible to the youth athlete’s caregiver, coach, and healthcare provider. Player’s Health reduces liability for youth athletic programs, sports leagues, and coaches by entrusting “return-to-play” decisionmaking to the athlete’s caregiver. The Player’s Health team is led by former CFL player Tyrre Burks and features Hobey Baker Award Winner and former NHL player Blake Geoffrion.
- Prescribe Nutrition (Minneapolis, MN), Katie Jasper – CEO: Prescribe Nutrition provides its members with access to nutritionists via its online, interactive nutrition and wellness programs. Prescribe Nutrition guides its members through daily modules featuring curated meal plans, videos, live discussion boards and private consultations. Prescribe Nutrition’s 2,500+ program participants contribute to a powerful online community. Prescribe Nutrition currently generates $15k in monthly revenue.
Image Credit: gener8tor Facebook page
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!