August 26, 2013
The new health care seed accelerator Health Wildcatters, cofounded by technology accelerator Tech Wildcatters, today released the 12 companies chosen for their inaugural program. This is the first health care accelerator Southwestern America has ever seen, and six of the startups are relocating to Dallas for the opportunity to be involved.
“These businesses will have a meaningful impact on health care in the very near future,” says Dr. Hubert Zajicek, co-founder of Health Wildcatters.
The program centers on startups in the health care field that innovate, improve quality of care, and save lives. During the program, which is scheduled to last three months, the startups will learn from and work with over 70 mentors to ready themselves for investment opportunities.
The inaugural Health Wildcatters class is:
- 20over8: A vision testing system that goes beyond the standard eye chart to reflect realistic, real-world testing conditions.
- Care Starter: An app that gives patients access to information and resources to better manage life with a chronic medical condition.
- Cariloop: They host a digital platform which provides access to real-time information about geriatric care and service providers.
- Fraud ID Standard Technology: A system for the prevention of health care fraud through a real-time database system.
- KinesioKinect: They enable the use of mobile technologies and motion sensors to lower health care costs while improving patient outcomes.
- MakeMyPlate: An engine that guides the decisions for daily food intake by making the process visual, fun, and easy.
- MyCounsel: A platform that delivers mental health care providers and consumers greater access to data-based care.
- NeuroTek: They develop non-invasive, electronic neuromodulation devices for the treatment of migraines and other diseases.
- PT PAL: A personalized digital physical therapy tool to help people do their physical therapy at home and track compliance.
- Remind Technologies: They develop patient-centric medication adherence technologies that allow patients to take charge of their own health.
- Socrates Health Solutions: They invented a non-invasive blood glucose monitoring system.
- SPAtaneity: A professional nail salon experience for those living with diabetes, cancer, and other immune-suppressed conditions.
In the wake of this news, join us in further celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit at Tech Cocktail’s Dallas Mixer & Startup Showcase this Thursday, August 29.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!