Tech Cocktail is counting down the days till we get to return to Kansas City for another Tech Cocktail Mixer & Startup Showcase on Tuesday, April 15th, sponsored by DST Systems. We have a handful of awesome companies coming to showcase and compete for the title of Kansas City’s Hottest Startup. Make sure you join us at Boulevard Brewing Co. to meet some of the nation’s hottest startups.
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand, showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is Tech Cocktail Week’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive recognition in the editor’s note of the weekly newsletter and added press recognizing the honor of being elected Tech Cocktail Week‘s Hottest Showcasing Startup, as well as a chance for a spot at this year’s national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate. Don’t miss out.
Who is Kansas City’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- Aphrodite Apparel, LLC - 80% of women are strutting around in the wrong sized bra, either willfully or unknowingly. Wearing an ill fitting bra is not only an aesthetic detriment, but it can and often does cause adverse reactions to one’s health. Issues such as tension across the shoulders and neck, headaches, cervical spine problems and back pain have all been reported in relation to donning a bra that does not fit properly. Currently, the best way for a woman to find out her commercial bra size is to undergo a “fitting”. (Bra fitting: An uncomfortably intimate encounter with a sales associate you just met and their tape measure) In theory, once a woman is fitted she can more accurately purchase the right bra for her. Except, a 32A at Dillard’s is not the same as a 32A at Saks. A 36C by Maidenform might be a 38B at Victoria’s Secret, and so on and so on. The Aphrodite way gets rid of the guess work. No tape measure. No awkward interactions. Just an amazing fit, and an amazing looking bra.
- CouponCloud, Inc - We disrupt the $14B paper coupon processing industry by enabling retailers to process all their coupons at the point of sale with no need to ship coupons to clearing houses in Mexico to be hand processed. As a side effect of our highly secure platform, we also nearly eliminate over a billion dollars in coupon fraud that is current absorbed by the industry annually.
- Kids Calendar – Local businesses often struggle to find efficient ways to market their products and services to parents. Moms are too busy to scour lots of media sources (newspaper, radio, TV, and dozens of websites) to find out what is happening in town. The Kids Calendar gives parents that one-stop shop resource to find all of the info they are looking for while also making it easy for businesses to market to the exact niche audience they want.
- Nobl - Improving patient satisfaction (HCAHPS) scores is an ongoing challenge for today’s hospitals. Implementing tools to maintain consistency and provide effective ways of constantly improving these scores is necessary for a hospital to stand out among its peers and retain optimal reimbursement from Medicare. At Nobl, what we have done is engineer a software solution that enhances the entire process of hourly rounding, making it more efficient, effective, and insightful. As a result, we were able to improve nurse behaviors, revitalize family oversight, and establish visibility into every facet of the process. Hospital staff is more engaged, management has unprecedented access into workflow and compliance, family members receive revolutionary quality assurance, and each patient’s quality of care is elevated as a result.
- Play-it Health – Over 150 million people in the United States are on chronic medications, and chronic medication usage extends across all demographics. Lack of adherence to medical regimens approaches 50 percent, and the resulting consequences both in terms of clinical outcomes and financial losses are sizable. Increased death rates, decreased quality of life, increased complications, increased hospital readmissions, and decreased workforce productivity, and 11 percent of the annual healthcare budget can all be attributed to non-adherence. The problem of non-adherence is one of the most critical and actionable problems facing healthcare, and every sizable segment within the healthcare community is searching for an effective adherence solution.
- Prime – Doctors and nurse practitioners constantly tell us the best patients bring six-inch binders with all their info to appointments. Normal patients don’t bring anything, and even the most empowered patients barely remember the medications they are on, much less their extended list of past health events. Prime simplifies every step of this process by giving patients their records in a mobile app. Prime users get all their health info—from all their doctors—instantly and automatically. With their always-up-to-date health info, people can communicate effectively, make better decisions, and better navigate the health system. Doctors and nurse practitioners constantly tell us how glad they are to have patients empowered by Prime—and that Prime is great for being the first to give patients the access they need to a user-friendly place to keep their health.
- RFP365 – The current process is manually intensive, often paper-based, and slow. Bringing the process online promotes faster sourcing events, improves competition, and thus reduces overall costs. Vendors cannot use pdf versions of RFPs efficiently. RFP365 allows vendors to assign tasks, management proposal content, and get to work immediately.
- Stackify – Supporting complex business applications requires access and correlating details across multiple sources and tools. Stackify’s solution provides an unmatched combination of tools that collect application and server related diagnostic data at all levels. Not only performance monitoring, but also trends, user satisfaction, error rates, and the relations between the servers and applications. This provides a complete picture of a very complex environment. Allowing businesses to monitor and resolve issues fast and efficiently. Furthermore, Today’s cloud based applications are highly dynamic and span many servers and dependent services. Stackify identifies the active servers at every given moment and automatically applies the correct configuration and analysis to monitor them. Reducing the need for manual error prone configuration and allowing for complete data and trends collection.
- Teracrunch – We bring the power of predictive data to solve a wide range of problems. Our solution is applicable to a wide range of business categories, including: Telecommunications – reduce redundancies and inefficiencies; Financial Services – fraud detection; Healthcare and Biomedical Services – drugs to market quicker, reduce length of stays; Insurance – detect fraudulent workman comp claims; Retail – 360* customer insight; Real Estate & Construction – Real-time project management; Stadium Operations – fan engagement, traffic flow, operations; Education- enrollment, retention, graduation; Nonprofits – data-based outcomes for grant applications and funding
- What’s Next Software – Daycare providers spend a lot of time with paperwork. They are seeking to shave minutes off of bureaucracy and spend them with kids. Parents want to feel connected and know more about their child’s school time sooner. An update on needed supplies received during the workday might be handled over lunch, instead of after picking up their little one. Existing solutions in the market are cost prohibitive and heavy with features. Small and mid-sized daycare providers are looking for simpler solutions that are easy to use and offer the core features of supply requests and message updates.