PageCovery Helps Companies Brand Facebook Pages
Jan 2, 2013
Facebook fan pages are a valuable tool for startups and companies looking to promote their product or service on social media. In fact, 80 percent of content marketers use Facebook for content distribution and promotion. Because Facebook is one of the most popular social media sites on the Web, brands don’t need to be told that it’s important to have a presence on the site–but many do need help with branding efforts.
This is where PageCovery comes in. The site offers the world’s very first Facebook cover photo scheduler, allowing brands to take full advantage of one of Facebook’s newer features. PageCovery allows companies to schedule Facebook cover photo changes down to the minute, day, week, or month, providing a useful tool to showcase new products, promote events, and otherwise keep social media content fresh and relevant.
In a recent eye tracking study published by Mashable, researchers found that Facebook users spend more time looking at brands’ cover photos and significantly less time looking at wall posts or advertisements. The study found that 100 percent of viewers saw the cover photo and on average, they saw the image in .5 seconds or less.
While we may not need science to tell us the Facebook cover photo is an important element of a brand page–it’s huge!–it’s certainly not an element to ignore, either. Worried about annoying your fans with constant cover photo updates? Don’t worry, PageCovery has already recognized this potential snag. By default, the platform hides all scheduled cover photo updates from fans’ newsfeeds to prevent unnecessary spamming, although this feature can be tweaked.
PageCovery’s website provides a few examples of how companies can use the tool:
- Restaurants can market their promotions via cover photos at different intervals of the day–for instance, different photos for a breakfast special, lunch promotion, or dinner offer.
- Photography agencies can showcase their photography via scheduled cover photo changes every minute.
- Brands can schedule cover photos to showcase their products throughout the day, week, or month.
- Agencies can schedule cover photos to change automatically when pages reach a new fanbase milestone.
- Celebrities and artists use the InstaCovery feature to automatically upload Instagram photos as cover photos.
Companies can use PageCovery free for the first five image schedules, and prices steadily increase to gain access to more features.