As if San Francisco isn’t dreamy enough, Tech Cocktail is excited to be hosting another Tech Cocktail Mixer & Startup Showcase in the beautiful streets of San Francisco on Thursday, April 24th. We are excited to announce the awesome companies that were selected to showcase and show off their “goods” below. Make sure you join us at MIGHTY to meet these revolutionizing startups and see them compete for a spot as the Nation’s Hottest Startup.
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand, showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is San Francisco’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive recognition in the editor’s note of the weekly newsletter and added press recognizing the honor of being elected San Francisco‘s Hottest Showcasing Startup, as well as a chance for a spot at this year’s national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate. Don’t miss out.
Who is San Francisco’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- ArtCorgi - It is incredibly difficult to (1) give meaningful, personal gifts that people don’t already have and that don’t cost an arm and a leg, and (2) commission original art online should you want art for yourself or someone else. ArtCorgi provides an online marketplace where freelancers can build up experience and a client base while also earning a sustainable income.
- AVforplanners.com – Corporate meeting planners and organizers worry about venues and menus but the third and arguably most important costs are technical and labor related to AV. We give the power to the planner to make the best desicon. Most Corporations Standard operating procedure is to get three bids for AV. AVforPlanners save time and money in the whole process.
- Blush Messenger - Blush enhances the offline convenience and openness of texting with the human element of face-to-face communication.
- Geekatoo – In-home tech support is expensive. Best Buy charges $300 to fix a virus, yet they only pay their employees $11-18/hr. We send these geeks directly to the consumer and pass the savings on.
- Modentify – Modentify’s app detection and user profile creation platform helps enable app publishers/developers to identify distribution channels and acquire new users in a targeted way as well as provide more targeted ads for better ad performance. The deep linking component makes it easier for developers to link directly into other apps and track the links.
- Queue Technologies – We solve three huge critical problems: 1) companies have no way to recognize and reward their best fans supporting the product pre-launch efforts. 2) pre-order customers are usually left in the dark and all alone providing a bad experience for the most loyal fans 3) if companies don’t manage pre-tail market dynamics properly they either loose early premium sales or face inventory write offs (microsoft took a 900m on the surface last quarter).
- Slingbot – Early-stage companies don’t have funding, marketing budgets, or the time to consistently be acquiring and engaging customers on Twitter. Now startups simply enter in keywords and Slingbot builds them a list of suggested tweets to engage with.
- SoundBetter - SoundBetter is a vertical services marketplace that helps 3M recording musicians worldwide find and hire post production professionals. Home recording is exploding due to the drop in the cost of equipment. But recording is only the first step of the process. Every song that gets recorded needs to be mixed and mastered by skilled professionals. SoundBetter centralizes the huge and previously fragmented music-production services industry.
- Splenvid Inc. – Today, less than half of mobile users that capture video with their phones ever do anything with it. People simply don’t have time to curate all of the content they capture, and “making a movie” isn’t a natural part of a person’s day. With the explosive growth of user-captured content, the curation problem will only get worse. Splenvid solves this problem by automating everything from the time users capture content on their devices to when a finished movie is ready for viewing and sharing. Splenvid makes video storytelling simple and accessible to everyone.
- TrackR - TrackR aims to help rid the world of lost items. Statistics show that Americans spend an average of 15 minutes per day looking for a misplaced or lost items, many times finding them in obvious places. But the problem isn’t about looking for lost items, it’s about the moments missed because you spent 15 minutes looking for the keys that were under the couch
- Vilynx – Vilynx addresses the 2 key issues with video, Discoverability of what’s inside a video and Navigability to key parts of videos. For education videos it is key that students have a way to navigate through a video quickly to the desired sections. With the visual table of contents, it simple to get to the key sections of a video with out the need to spend minutes scrubbing through the video. Students have improved engagement with the videos. Stanford is a lead customer for Vilynx and is using it with students. They are also leading integration efforts into EdX. For publishers and businesses, the need to get improved click through on videos is key to generating more ad revenue. Once people instantly discover what is inside a video, they are more likely to click through. 200% more likely based on the customers we have. They are also more engaged with the content since they have an understand of what’s inside the video. Best of all, Vilynx addresses both markets with one technology.
- Wiz Maps - In real estate, the price of a specific property depends on local variables. Current risk models are antiquated, filled with false assumptions, do not take into account local market conditions/ trends, and fail terribly. Most critical location-based data is neither online, nor available to investors in a usable format. We offer accurate local predictive models, to properly assess today’s and tomorrow’s risk.