January 16, 2015
This week, Kansas City accelerator SparkLabKC welcomed its third class of startups into their new downtown workspace.
SparkLabKC is a three-month accelerator that offers startups up to $18,000 in funding, mentorship, free office space, and other services. The program culminates with a demo day in April.
Here are SparkLabKC’s 10 newest startups:
- College Sports USA: A social network for soccer players to be found by and communicate with college coaches. Founded by Kirk French.
- Kookiedoodle: An arts and crafts studio for children ages 3-12, founded by mother-and-daughter team Sheila and Katie Weiford.
- Lazser Down: A new way to display the down and distance in a live football game, to enhance the experience for fans and coaches.
- OliveMonday: A monthly subscription service that sends you the tools and materials to create your own accessories, like jewelry. Cofounded by best friends Mary Fox and Heather Scanlon.
- PopBookings: A tool for event staffing companies. Cofounded by Erika Klotz, Scott Hanson, and Joe Abele.
- Rock-it Launcher: An Android app to customize your homescreen and make you more productive.
- Royal Loyal: An iOS and Android app that aims to replace loyalty cards and help you get discounts when you shop local.
- The Swapping Company: An online marketplace for consignment stores.
- Talk2Me: An online counseling service where you can video chat with therapists, send them your questions, and connect with other patients.
- VeriQuik: A quick, online background check service where you request background checks of people like sports coaches, prospective dates, and Craigslist sellers.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!