Today, SparkLabKC is hosting their first demo day for their inaugural class of startups, providing them an opportunity to pitch to prospective angel investors and venture capital investors from across the Midwest. Over the course of the 90-day intensive program, the 10 affiliated startups involved received seed capital, mentoring, free workspaces, and free legal, accounting, financial, and human resources advice.
The Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute will sponsor the demo day, hosted at the National World War I Museum. Kansas City mayor Sly James will address the crowd with an introduction to the event followed by keynote speaker Jim Spencer, founder of Newsy.
The 10 startups that helped make SparkLabKC’s first demo day possible are:
- Briefcase: This multi-platform application delivers real-time push notifications of available jobs, aggregates job board data, and keeps job seekers at the front line of the application process.
- FoilioMatch: An educational portfolio platform designed for students navigating the competitive field while applying for college, graduate school, or their first job.
- Knoda: A prediction software platform that offers a place to make and track predictions of any type to determine who is right and who is wrong.
- Prodigy Arcade: They create gaming platforms for kids that center on learning the building blocks of programming.
- NeighborsGrow: A mobile software application that makes home food gardening easier, more efficient, and social by letting gardeners coordinate with their neighbors to access resources.
- Innovative Health Media: The e-AWV System gives physicians an efficient, easy-to-use, and intuitive way to provide the Annual Wellness Visit while meeting Medicare requirements.
- VolunteerMark: Their online software makes it quick and easy to track and recognize volunteer contributions while giving nonprofits the tools and information they need for donor reporting and grant funding.
- FormZapper: A software company that provides secure and convenient document management solutions for targeted industries, streamlining workflows and increasing efficiency.
- Your Adoption Finance Coach: They bring the critical step of Adoption Finance in-house through personal coaching, webinars, and an online gift registry branded to the adoption agency’s web site.
- FanAddict: A music events destination and discovery tool for music fans to track their favorite artists.