This post is sponsored by Sprint, the title sponsor of our Tech Cocktail Atlanta mixer. We thank them for their support!
You might associate Sprint with your cell phone plan, but Sprint actually offers a whole host of tech – hardware, software, and more – that you and your startup can take advantage of.
“Sprint understands that owning your own business is an around-the-clock job and that time is of the essence,” said Mike Lanwehr, Sprint director of business sales. “We offer a wide range of wireless and wire line communications services to bring entrepreneurs and small business owners the freedom of mobility while on the go.”
Here are some of the best Sprint technologies to check out.
Start with the right devices
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ($349.99 with a two-year contract): Somewhere between a phone and a tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has a 5.7-inch, HD screen that makes it easier to run multiple programs at once.
- Moto X ($199.99 with a two-year contract): Created and assembled in the USA, the Moto X is an Android smartphone that includes voice control.
- Kyocera Torque: Sprint’s latest push-to-talk device. It has a touchscreen but is built to Military Standard 810G so it can handle dust, humidity, rain, fog, extreme temperatures, and more.
- MiFi 500 LTE, NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot, and NETGEAR 341U USB Modem: All these devices give you access to the Internet when you can’t manage to find wifi. They last an average of 10 hours and take advantage of Sprint’s 4G LTE network. The Zing Mobile Hotspot works internationally.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 ($549.99 with a two-year contract): A 10.1-inch tablet with a fast dual-core processor. It also boasts enhanced security features to protect your data.
Stay connected with faster speeds
- 4G LTE: Sprint’s new 4G LTE coverage is now available in 185 markets across the country, and Sprint continues its rollout through the end of the year. 4G LTE offers data up to 10 times faster than 3G, stronger signals (including indoors), and fewer dropped calls. It’s available thanks to new equipment installed in Sprint’s cell towers.
Connect with your team instantly
- Sprint Direct Connect: A service for some Sprint devices that allows you to use them essentially as walkie-talkies: simply “push to talk.” Useful for communicating with your team in real-time.
Get the right apps
- Small Business ID Pack: With some Sprint Android devices, you can download a full package of apps and features, including widgets, ringtones, wallpapers, and apps for banking, shipping, documents, and travel.
Become a wireless provider
- Single Source Enablement: For startups in the telecom industry, Sprint’s Single Source Enablement allows you to leverage Sprint’s resources to become a wireless provider, under your own brand. Sprint can take care of almost everything, including processing, customer care, loyalty programs, and distributing devices, while you only need to focus on finding customers.