February 7, 2012
Last week a crowd of nearly 800 gathered in Singapore for Startups in Asia, a 2-day Penn Olson event featuring discussions with seasoned Asian entrepreneurs and investors and a pitch competition among 20 startups.
The Startup Arena winners were as follows:
- 1st place: Teamie (Singapore): A social learning platform where students can collaborate, study, and take tests. The team won $10,000.
- 2nd place: Innova Tech (Singapore): A thin card that slips inside your valuables and alerts you when you leave them behind
- 3rd place: Start Now (Singapore): A platform that connects volunteers with nonprofits
- 4rd place: Waffle (Korea): A wifi service that venues can offer free in exchange for users taking a quiz or posting on social media
- 5th place: Piktochart (Malaysia): A tool for creating customized infographics
Below, watch Teamie’s winning presentation:
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!