As we announced last week, Tech Cocktail is writing a book about starting up. We are going to be working hard the next few months to write the book, but we need your help. The book is due out spring 2014 and will be published by Wiley as a how-to guide for starting up, along with inspiring stories from entrepreneurs around the world.
We’ll be reaching out weekly with a chance to share your story and be included in the book. So if you have a story, we’d love to hear it! Below are the second set of questions for you, due Sunday night, October 27.
If you have any questions, email Kira Newman from the Tech Cocktail team (email@example.com).
- What is the process for doing customer development and finding product-market fit? What are your top tips?
- Harsh reality: Tell us a story about how you struggled or made a big mistake around customer development/product-market fit.
- Tell us a story about how you enjoyed or celebrated the process of finding your product and customers.
Traction and boostrapping
- What are your top tips for bootstrapping?
- Harsh reality: Tell us a story about how you struggled with bootstrapping.
- Tell us a story about some low-budget fun or celebration you incorporated during your bootstrapping phase.
- What’s the process for launching a product? What are your top tips?
- Harsh reality: Tell a story about a launch where you made mistakes or failed to get attention.
- Tell a story about how you celebrated a launch.
- What types of metrics should startups measure, and what tools should they use?
- Harsh reality: Tell us a story about focusing on the wrong kind of metrics.
- Tell us a story about building in fun and celebration around tracking your metrics or hitting milestones.
View previous questions on thinking like an entrepreneur, generating ideas, first steps, and paperwork here.
Original photo by Flickr user shutterhack