In May, we hosted our first Tech Cocktail Dallas Mixer and Startup Showcase. We worked with the amazing team at Startup Texas (part of the Startup America Partnership) and got to showcase some of the area’s most interesting early stage startups, both online and off.
Special thanks to our Tech Cocktail Ambassador Trey Bowles @treybowles, serial entrepreneur and Co-Chair of Startup America Partnership: Texas (an organization focused on helping entrepreneurs in Texas create businesses and jobs within the community).
We showcased 13 great startups:
1. Fancorps – a word-of-mouth marketing and brand advocacy technology solution for consumer brands and organizations
2. Policy Pulse – enables policy collaboration between politicians and citizens, socially
3. Meta Watch – a design and technology development company that is focused on reinventing the watch as a stylish, and relevant mobile companion
4. Blurtt – an iPhone app that helps you express how you feel with pictures
5. SPOTS Tracking Systems – a QuickBooks add-on that increases the efficiency and visibility of complex processes, reducing errors, and increasing the quality of the operations with QuickBooks data.
6. Clubster – a mobile app that connects clubs with members
7. Vital Art and Science – an easy-to-use, safe, and accurate home diagnostic system that enables patients with retinal disease to self monitor their own vision function.
8. CherryPick – an easy way to curate content from around the web
9. Haiku Brew – an iPhone app that let’s you collaborate on haiku poems with your friends
10. VIPorbit Software – a full-featured iPhone app that enables mobile relationship management designed for managing business relationships
11. Kewl Innovations – state-of-the-art insulin management technology
12. Mobile MUM – a child friendly environment that allows a child to play their favorite shows on-the-go
13. Qwiqq – an iPhone app that makes sharing the things you love to buy fun!
Additional thanks to our amazing sponsors:
ChivasRegal – blended and aged Scotch whisky
TriNet – helping entrepreneurs realize their ambitions through human resources, benefits, payroll, workers’ compensation, and strategic human capital services
GravityCenter – a point for Entrepreneurs in the Dallas Metro area to have the tools necessary for success, and to enable an ecosystem of incredible startups that are impactful and relevant globally