Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- Early Adopters are Falling Head Over Heels in Love with the Navdy HUD: This heads-up display is so popular it reached $1 million in sales within the first week of its pre-order campaign.
- Pets at Work: 74 Pets Living the Startup Life: People aren’t the only ones that come into the office and do work – at startups, we like to keep our animal kin next to us. Look at all the cuddly, wuddly companions!
- JetSmarter is Uber for Affordable Private Jets: The Boca Raton, Florida-based startup allows you to book a seat on a private jet.
- What 29 Entrepreneurs Eat for Lunch: A follow-up to our earlier piece on what entrepreneurs eat for breakfast.
- Here’s What We Know About iOS 8: One of our contributor’s recap what you should already know about Apple’s iOS 8.
- Top Tech Companies are Now Using Ruby on Rails: Wait, Amazon runs on Rails? (And other things that may surprise you).
- Somebody Has Built a Fully-Functioning 1KB Hard Drive in Minecraft: Some geniuses actually created functioning hard drives in Minecraft. The idea that such a thing could even be a possibility goes right over my head.
- DC’s nvite Raises $1M Seed Round for Event Ticketing and Registration Platform: A really pleasant surprise for the DC tech community this week.
- 6 Ways to Improve Your Business’s Local SEO: A contributor lays out the strategy for optimizing your business’s local SEO.
- Baltimore’s OrderUp Raises $7M Series A Led by Revolution Ventures: Great news for the hyperlocal food ordering and delivery business.
- Early Augmented Reality Will Be More Practical Than Futuristic: Forget what you think you know about augmented reality and its associated technologies; read this.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It’s finally here! Our book is available now – order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!