July 27, 2014
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- 10 Great Apps You Should Have on Your iPhone or Android: Here are ten essential apps that contributor Jacob Marsh thinks that you should try out for your iPhone or Android device.
- 41 Startup Guys Show Us What They ACTUALLY Wear to Work: In response to Banana Republic’s “Startup Guy” look, we reached out to actual startup guys to share with us what they actually wear on their day-to-day.
- The Black Card That Gives You Back Your Social Life: An NYC startup is helping provide access to exclusive city events and networks through this simple (and exclusive) card.
- How to Disable Facebook Video Autoplay on Both Desktop and Mobile: You have to admit that the autoplay videos on Facebook are the absolute worst – well, here’s how you can actually turn off that feature.
- 4 Reasons You Should Brave the Cold and Startup in Fargo: If you think North Dakota doesn’t have anything going on, then think again: startup activity in Fargo is picking up – learn more about it.
- 5 Experts Weigh In on the Future of 3D Printing: 3D printing has gotten a lot of press in the past year, but is there really a future there? What’s next for the industry?
- Macy’s Announces It Will Bring Fashion Incubator to Miami: Previously established in cities like Philadelphia and Chicago, Macy’s is planning to bring the incubator to Miami.
- Reading is Great, but Have You Ever Tried Wearing Your Favorite Books?: I love books. I don’t like walking around in the nude. This is perfect.
- 10 Traits of a Great Web Designer: Think you’ve got what it takes to be a web designer? Take a look at this list, and see how you measure up.
- Women Get Interrupted More Than Men in Meetings: We take a look at an informal study that claims women get interrupted more frequently than men.
- 5 Apps and Websites to Use for Comic-Con 2014: Comic-Con is coming to end, but these are some apps that were worth checking out if you managed to find your way to San Diego this past weekend.
- Starbucks New Charging Stations: Pros, Cons, and Speculation: Here’s what to know about Starbucks’ proposed wireless charging stations.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It’s finally here! Our book is available now – order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!