Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? SSign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- 15 Women Respond to PepsiCo’s Indra Nooyi Saying Women Can’t Have it All: PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi recently spoke at the Aspen Ideas Festival, where she delivered her opinion that women can’t have it all – that there is the innate conflict between building a career and being a mother. This is how fifteen women executives and founders responded.
- 500 Startups Unveils Their Free KISS Legal Docs: Keep it Simple Security (KISS) is the name for the set of free legal documents that 500 Startups released earlier this week for founders and investors.
- This May Be the Most Honest and Emotional Account of Startup Failure You’ve Ever Read: Originally published on Medium, read Nikki Durkin’s struggles having to face the realities of the failure of her startup, 99dresses. A really powerful read.
- Google to Buy Songza for $15 Million?: Google’s acquisition of the music streaming platform will reportedly be valued at or around $15 million.
- Why Hiring Non-Tech People for Technical Positions Can Work: Especially when it comes to technical positions, employers have difficulty finding qualified candidates. In this contributor piece, Lisa Bennett lays out an argument for why smart, non-technical people should be considered for those jobs.
- Phone Sex Gets Literal with OhMiBod’s New Remote Vibrator App: Pleasure your partner from your phone. Duh.
- Skip ESPN and Yahoo for Fantasy Football This Year: Go Dumpster Fire: Dumpster Fire is a platform built specifically for fantasy football, so you should consider turning to it once NFL season is among us.
- Six Tips for a Data-Driven Content Strategy: If you want your company compete in what has become a global market of products and services, then consider reading these tips on how to leverage a data-driven content strategy.
- How to Create a Culture of Innovation: Some tips on how a company can create a culture of innovation – from the kind of ideology that people within a company should pursue, to what mistakes to avoid.
- Google’s New Initiative Wants to Encourage More Women to Code: Made With Code is Google’s new initiative to get more women to learn coding.
- Shirterate: Queer Eye for the Straight Startup Bro: The Awl created a satirical startup concept that offers social commentary on startup bro culture. A hilarious take on a topic that people within the startup ecosystem somehow still can’t wrap their minds around.
- Frank Gruber’s Book “Startup Mixology” Launches Today!: It’s here, it’s here! And you can order your copy now!
- PictureLife Aims to Replace Native Photos App and Become the Smart Home for Photos: A serious re-imagining of what your phone’s native Photos app should look like and what features it should offer. Seriously. Check it out for yourself.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It’s finally here! Our book is available now, and in this past week we held launch events in DC, Miami, and Las Vegas! Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success on Amazon!
Are you ready to Celebrate? Come meet the hottest startups and investors at this year’s Tech Cocktail Celebrate Conference on October 6th and 7th in downtown Las Vegas. Apply to attend!<
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!