Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- Top 10 Websites for Students of All Ages: The Internet can serve as a powerful tool in education. Here are a few websites to which students can refer if they want to become better learners.
- What 50+ Entrepreneurs Eat for Breakfast: Entrepreneurs are often asked what their morning routines look like, but has anyone ever stopped to consider what they actually eat for breakfast? I mean it is the most important meal of the day, and the right kind of breakfast can affect one’s overall productivity. I do wish one of these responses were “leftover spaghetti”.
- A Ranking of the Top Programming Languages (By Growth, Popularity, and Job Demand): Coding is one of today’s most important skill sets, but for someone who knows nothing about this world, what language should one actually pursue? Check out these rankings to find out.
- Y Combinator Finally Releases Statistics on Its Portfolio: Unlike Techstars, which has been transparent about their porftolio companies, Y Combinator has kept information on their companies under lock and key. That changed this past week when YC released a few stats.
- The Black Card That Gives You Back Your Social Life: An NYC startup is helping provide access to exclusive city events and networks through this simple (and exclusive) card.
- 6 Founders Share Advice on How to Start a Family while Running a Startup: There are many benefits to working at a startup, but even then, it’s still work and work has a tendency to interfere with our personal lives. We reached out to founders and got some advice on how to start a family while still working endlessly on your company.
- What Happens When a Chinese Factory Makes Knockoffs of Your Product: A really interesting read on what happened when FRESHeTECH outsourced manufacturing to a factory in China and the nightmare experience that followed.
- Anonymous Chat App Versapp Launches Today: A new anonymous app that allows users to chat with their friends…anonymously (obviously).
- NYC vs. Silicon Valley: 5 Factors to Consider: From proximity to investors to the kind of industry in which your startup is operating, here are the most important factors to consider when looking to relocate or to start your company.
- Search the World’s Wealthiest Neighborhoods with Mansion Map: It’s like a star map except for any and all rich people. Check it out – I know you want to.
- Yeti is a Tinder-Like Version of Yelp: Yeti is a location based platform that allows users to engage in different discussions with other users in the local area.
- 5 Experts Weigh In on the Future of 3D Printing: 3D printing has gotten a lot of press in the past year, but is there really a future there? What’s next for the industry?
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It’s finally here! Our book is available now – order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!