Tech Cocktail is back by high demand for another round of Tech Cocktail Week’s Mixer and Startup Showcase. This month will not disappoint with the incredible line-up of early-stage companies we have coming to showcase and pitch their businesses to win the claim as Tech Cocktail Week’s Hottest Startup. Join us at Work in Progress to get a chance to shake hands with these world-changing startups and be a part of the celebration.
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand, showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is Tech Cocktail Week’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event - get the official rules here).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive recognition in the editor’s note of the weekly newsletter and added press recognizing the honor of being elected Tech Cocktail Week‘s Hottest Showcasing Startup, as well as a chance for a spot at this year’s national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate. Don’t miss out.
Who is Tech Cocktail Week’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- Charitweet - Charitweet makes giving go viral. We enable people to donate to charity with a tweet, harnessing the power of social media in a way nonprofits have been unable to do until now.
- LeetCoin - LeetCoin allows gamers to monetize their skills in video games, and developers to have another revenue source as our system is implemented in their games.
- mobiDECKS - The publishing industry was dragged kicking and screaming into digital. They slowly adopted websites and e-books, now they’re again flummoxed by the mobile maelstrom. The one thing they have going for them is a deep library of great content – it’s just begging for a good expression on mobile. Enter mobiDECKS! – the perfect vehicle to distribute and engage with content on mobile. The palm/pocket-size form-factor is a perfect match for smartphones AND the unbound nature of decks (vs. bound books) offers limitless (re)configurability – by publishers, practitioners, end-users. This kicks the door wide open for exciting new sharing options. We’re also enhancing the card concept for mobile – yes, we have rich, digestible graphics on front and back faces…but what about 3, 4+ faces? interactive elements? web/video content?…check. Lastly, we’ve though deeply about the business model (sales, licenses, subscriptions) to allow our content partners to engage profitably with mobile!
- Piggyback Technologies - On-demand same-day shipping for in-store pick-ups from online purchases and just about anything that needs to be delivered within the same day.
- Power Portal - Parents are afraid of their kids stumbling on porn, violence, and other content. So we built an advanced filter system based on crowdsourced rating data and machine learning algorithms. Parents are afraid that their kids will spend countless hours on meaningless content that dumbs them down, instead of getting ahead in LIFE. So we built a gamified online experience that steers people toward content that is rated high in LIFE metrics (Learn, Inspire, Fun & Ethics). Kids demand high-quality products and have a higher standard than most parents in terms of features, speed and ease of use. Our user experience is faster and smoother than anything else available, for kids or adults. Kids don’t like kids’ products, so we built our experience to be the preferred method for adults to go online. Information is scattered in multiple locations throughout the web and hard to get the most value out of one’s time. Our browser is faster and easier to do the things people want to do online.
- Resourced Media, Inc - Resourced DAM, helps companies large and small, find, manage, re-purpose, reuse and distribute digital media. We implement quickly and efficiently, and generate real, noticeable ROI for client companies.
- Spincard - We all have stacks of business cards on our desk or in our drawers and rarely use them. Half the reason why is we can’t remember who the people on the card are, or we have no organization of them. We’ve created a simple digital solution that uses full-screen photos of the people you meet. Now you can swipe through faces instead of names. What if you don’t have any business cards with you? Or a phone on you for that matter? A Spincard is 6 characters, short enough to memorize, making it easy to share wherever you are.
- SupplyBid Inc. - Supplybid.com brings brick and mortar distributors, contractors and manufacturers together in the largest B2B omnichannel marketplace ever built. It gives the medium-size distributor the chance to compete against the huge conglomerates.