Downtown Las Vegas is home to part of the Tech Cocktail team along with many other passionate tech enthusiasts. So we’re excited to host another Tech Cocktail Startup Showcase & Mixer event where the community will get to mix and mingle, while also helping us select which startups will qualify for our national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate! This month, we have an incredible line-up of early-stage companies who will be joining us to showcase and pitch their businesses to win the claim as Tech Cocktail Week’s Hottest Startup. Join us at The Window to get a chance to shake hands with these world-changing startups and be a part of the celebration.
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand, showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is Tech Cocktail Week’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here). The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive recognition in the editor’s note of our weekly national newsletter, recognizing the honor of being elected Tech Cocktail Week‘s Hottest Showcasing Startup, as well as a chance for a spot at this year’s national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate. Don’t miss out.
Who is Tech Cocktail Week’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- *#FLSHTAG - *#FLSHTAG allows millions of people the ability to be visually social with LARGER micro and macro communities of individuals around shared #hashtagged ideas, initiatives and/or events. A person’s photo’s are no longer constrained to their ‘network’, they are now able to be visually exposed to global communities of people who share an interest.
- Copper.io- Helping developers deploy, operate and monitor in the cloud.
- FlightGear – Pinterest has a huge following but it’s 80% female users. FlightGear is similar to Pinterest but focused on sports, gear, and active lifestyle. This will likely be 80% male audience driven.
- HealClick - HealClick is a free interactive community. We help chronically-ill patients find their team of similar patients and together they track their symptoms and treatments while offering support and encouragement. We believe health tracking is the future of disease research, but patients need the right incentives to continue tracking over time. In our team setting, users find support and get feedback from their teammates when they track health changes. The personalized health graph helps users and their doctors visualize health changes over time. We use all the anonymous tracking data for medical research to gain a better understanding of our users’ conditions and identify potentially effective treatments.
- Ling - We are reshaping how foreign languages are learned. While Ling is designed to work concurrently with a foreign language class, it helps simplify the additional work required to succeed. Many schools focus on learning grammar and structure– it is taught well. However, students have difficulty using this structure correctly because they are captive to an extremely limited vocabulary and the opportunity to practice. Ling alleviates both of these problems by increasing the users vocabulary and giving them the opportunity to see and practice the foreign language outside the classroom walls.
- Loveseat - Finding affordable and stylish furniture is a major pain. The solutions that exist today are: 1) Spending the weekends hunting at vintage shops, consignment stores, flea markets, estate sales, etc. 2) Sorting through thousands of low quality listings on Craigslist to find that perfect piece – only to find out it’s been sold or the seller isn’t returning your calls & emails. Selling furniture today is equally painful. Selling a piece on your own is a hit or miss experience. You can take it to a consignment shop and give up 50% of the value, spend a weekend having a garage sale, or list it on Craigslist and deal with all manner of individuals asking you the same questions over and over again and when you finally find the buyer, they don’t show up. Loveseat fixes all of this by making buying and selling furniture a fun and social experience in a single app – bringing neighbors together in a safe and pleasant way with reliability and accountability.
- Motion Publishing - MotionPub is a micropublisher with six books under its belt. Beyond publishing and distributing full books, the company provides high-quality à la carte services to first-time authors, established writers, and companies of all sizes. It’s a viable third alternative to chop-shop self-publishing outfits and lethargic legacy publishers.
- Pelonkey, Inc. - Freelance entertainers are typically not business savvy. They tend to under value their services, and fail at protecting themselves properly, which can lead to non-payment, late-payments, and more. Entertainers represented by booking agencies conduct the business for them, however booking agencies are not accessible, and can take extremely large cuts from entertainer fees. Pelonkey replaces the booking agency to bring control back to the freelance entertainer by providing the necessary tools an entertainer needs to make doing business easy, affordable, and accessible.
- Stellaire - There currently is a number of industries that are still relying on producing and blending liquids by hand or in mass production facilities(going against the entire concept of lean manufacturing.) Some of the industries this is currently prevalent in are: Child Prescription Medicine for Children, Alcoholic Beverages, Specialty Coffees, eCigarette eLiquid, and much much more. Stellaire has a patent pending system that allows consumers to create and blend liquids on demand in a clean and sanitary environment with FDA approved materials, along with a software system similar in functionality to a app store for the storage, delivery, and optional social connectivity of the recipes.
- Zwepr - The headaches of renting out your own property