14 Local Companies Featured at Tech Cocktail’s Bloomington Event
Oct 19, 2011
We’re excited to announce that 14 local Bloomington companies have been selected to be featured at Thursday’s Tech Cocktail Bloomington event. The Tech Cocktail Startup Mixer will serve as the opening event for this year’s Combine. In addition to networking with fellow Combine attendees and speakers, it’s a great opportunity to get the inside track on some great startups emerging from Bloomington, Indianapolis and beyond.
Bloomington Tech Cocktail “ambassador” Betsy Trotzke is leading the startup mixer once again and it is sure to be a fantastic event. Trotzke provided a rundown of the companies selected to demo – and Tech Cocktail will do a more complete write up on each of the startups.
- CareerScribe is your personal, life-long, career support system. It helps you organize, develop, market, brand and manage your career in a way that is uniquely for, and about, you.
- DeskHero is a commission-free service connecting empty desks with individuals in need of a professional environment.
- Dialawg is a secure conversation platform where professionals can exchange messages, share files, chat in real time, hold phone conferences and collaborate on documents.
- FormAssembly is a web based service that helps businesses and professionals create state-of-the-art web forms and surveys, and collect data without the need for technical skills or desktop software.
- PlotWatt helps you reduce your energy bills using cloud-based algorithms to analyze smart meter data to figure out appliance level energy cost without monitoring individual appliances. Meter data is then boiled down into easy-to-understand feedback and recommendations.
- Quipol (launching soon) allows you to create social polls, share them with the people you care about, and monitor the results via data visualization and sentiment-filtering tools.
- Rendezville, by WhimMill, is a new mobile product to support festivals, conferences and other small to medium-sized events. Rendezville puts the power of content-creation in event planners’ hands and offers a sleek tool for attendees to access information.
- Squad is a web-based collaborative text editor that makes it simple to edit and share code in real time. Squad is simple enough for novice users but full-featured for experts, making it the ideal editor for coding at work, school or anywhere.
- StoryAmp is making its debut at Tech Cocktail Bloomington! StoryAmp is a self-service platform that connects musicians and the press. Musicians can upload an online press kit for journalists to discover or choose to push their concert or release information to the StoryAmp press lists.
- Studio Cypher is a game design startup focusing on online games that raise funds for non-profit and public-minded organizations.
- Sustainability Dashboard helps companies monitor, report and identify areas where an organization can reduce expenditures while offering improvement tips to help optimize usage of energy, water, waste and transportation.
- Swarm is a mobile social network based around social experiences with friends and connecting those experiences with brands. Swarm is about checking out new people, places and experiences with game dynamics connected to checking-in and social buying.
- TinderBox is a web-based application that makes it easy for teams and enterprises to create, manage, deliver and track interactive business proposals.
- Tribeswell provides custom online marketing solutions: websites, web applications, email marketing campaigns, videos, online content, mobile applications, consulting and training.