In collaboration with our extraordinary Kansas City Ambassador, Betty Ann SantaMaria and DST Systems, Tech Cocktail hosted our inaugural Kansas City Mixer & Startup Showcase on Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 at Boulevard Brewing Company. At the event, we showcased some of Kansas City’s most interesting early stage startups and engaged with entrepreneurs, technophiles, and influencers within the community.
At the event, we announced the winner of our Kansas City Hottest Showcasing Startup Poll: Stackify!! Finishing in second and third place were FinditKC and Front Flip, respectively.
The City of Fountains proved to be a growing entrepreneurial ecosystem that won’t be slowing down anytime soon. Check out the photos from the event and be sure to find and tag yourself online in the photos on Facebook.
A special thank you to our supporting sponsors:
- DST Systems: DST Systems provides sophisticated information processing, computer software services and business solutions to the financial services, communications, and healthcare industries.
- Kauffman Labs: Kauffman Labs for Enterprise Creation is a new approach to developing the next generation of fast-growth firms.
- BATS Global: BATS operates two stock exchanges in the U.S., the BZX Exchange and the BYX Exchange (The BATS Exchanges), which currently account for about 11-12% of all U.S. equity trading on a daily basis.
- LogiXML: LogiXML enables organizations to deliver insight and understanding of critical data to employees, customers, and partners.
- .CO: .CO is the new domain extension where big ideas belong on the web. Short, SEO-friendly, Global.
- Genesis10: Genesis10 is one of the fastest growing, privately-held business and technology firms in the U.S.—growing organically at an annualized rate of 38% since establishment by Harley Lippman in 1999.
- Polsinelli Shaghart: Polsinelli Shughart is one of the top 100 law firms* in the country, with more than 600 attorneys in 16 cities stretching from Washington, D.C. to Los Angeles.
- KCNext: The Technology Council of Greater Kansas City is the recognized regional technology effort for the Kansas City area.
- La Bodega: La Bodega is a Kansas City authentic Spanish Tapas Bar in downtown.
The following early-stage startups showcased at the event:
- ABPathfinder: ABPathfinder helps kids with Autism gain skills faster by making their therapists more efficient and effective.
- Airport Life: Airport Life smartphone and tablet air travel app brings users all the important information a passenger needs is now in one, easy to use app.
- AudioAnywhere: AudioAnywhere is a streaming music service that works for both listeners AND artists.
- EyeVerify: Eye vein biometrics can delivery fingerprint level accuracy from the device you never leave home without.
- FINDitKC: FINDitKC is a place to find videos on things to do, places to shop, eat, play, and live in and around Kansas City. We strive to make our videos social sharing tools so that people can share with others what KC is all about.
- FormZapper: Formzapper makes it easy for you to put your forms online, fill them out, store them, and share them with others. We manage your paperwork for you, so you can spend your time doing more important things.
- Front Flip: Front Flip helps businesses engage their customers through fun in-store experiences and targeted mobile outreach.
- Local Ruckus: Local Ruckus is an easy, enjoyable way to discover and share local events. No more hunting through newspapers and overly complicated websites.
- Neighbor.ly: Neighbor.ly is the civic crowdfunding platform. It helps cities, neighborhoods, and civic orgs raise money for civic projects.
- RareWire: RareWire is a cloud based app development software and code language. Aimed at web designers lowers the barrier of entry in the growing world of app development.
- RAZ Mobile: RAZ Mobile provides nonprofits with the opportunity to create a mobile optimized website, share their message instantly with prospective supporters via text, email, and social, and collect donations directly from users mobile phones quickly, efficiently, and securely.
- RFP365: RFP365 is a web-based platform designed to facilitate the entire Request-for-Proposal (RFP) process. The application benefits both issuers and responders with time saving features, configurable workflow, and insightful analytics.
- Stackify: Stackify provides developers safe and secure access to their applications, servers, and databases. Most developers have no access at all to production servers which makes application support very difficult.
- TiBi.tv: TiBi.tv is an IPTV service that combines instant gratification with gamification. Our multi-patented process allows the viewer to purchase content relevant to a video stream using a proprietary ad-aware content tagging system.
- Trellie: Trellie Inc. makes innovative consumer electronics that better connect people to improve communication, happiness and peace of mind.
- Truckily: Truckily is a location based marketing platform for food trucks and mobile vendors.