January 15, 2017
Techstars has announced that they’re opening applications for the 2017 class of Techstars Retail in partnership with Target. You can apply online, and applications are open through April 9th and the program starts in July.
Recapping Last Year
In case you missed it, the first year of the Techstars Retail accelerator was a massive success. They had 11 startups from all over the world descend upon Minneapolis for the summer. They received mentorship throughout the program from Target’s senior leadership, successful retail-tech entrepreneurs, and investors from across the country.
Their Demo Day was an incredibly exciting event that saw almost 1,000 investors, mentors, Target team members, and supporters from all over the Twin Cities startup community show up and support our companies. Here are some highlights of what was accomplished by our startups during the program:
- Inspectorio – Announced just 11 months ago, Inspectorio has already completed 2,000 inspections for 21 clients in seven countries. They recently announced closing a $3.7M funding round led by Target.
- Nexosis – Announced the company saved more than $90,000 in one location in a pilot with Pepsi this past summer and they are integrating into the Shopify e-commerce platform. They recently announced closing a $5M Series A round
- Branch – Shared the results of their successful pilot program with Target stores and plans to move headquarters to Minneapolis. Branch is will soon announce the closing of their seed round.
- Revolar – Announced a partnership with the National Domestic Assault Hotline and university campuses to tackle campus assaults in 2017.
- Blueprint Registry – Announced multiple partnerships that is expected to increase the number of accounts on its site to over a million. They recently announced closing a $1M seed round.
- Spruce – Started the program as one company and ended as two. Spun out technology company, SpruceBot, from their retail location and are on a mission to exponentially improve the customer retail experience for millennials.
Since the program has wrapped up, Techstars companies have already collectively raised almost $15M, with another $5M to $10M coming soon. Stay tuned, as many more partnerships and deals are in the works to be announced this year.
What to Expect in 2017
For 2017, Techstars expects to once again find the top retail tech startups from around the world and welcome them to Minneapolis for the summer to their beautiful working space located, literally, within Target HQ.
Have a disruptive retail technology startup? Techstars will be visiting New York City, Cincinnati, Toronto, Waterloo, Seattle, Portland, Miami, Austin, Washington DC, Boulder/Denver, San Francisco and Los Angeles to discuss our program. Simply send an email here to coordinate.
All in all, it was an incredibly successful first program and we are already looking forward to the next! Apply today!
Photo: Flickr / Mike Mozart
This article is courtesy of Techstars, the best global ecosystem for entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to market. From inspiration to IPO, Techstars empowers the world’s most promising entrepreneurs throughout their lifelong journey by providing a global ecosystem made up of tens of thousands of community leaders, founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!