The Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce, along with South by Southwest Interactive (SXSW), today announced the Austin A-List, which features 19 promising Austin tech startups. Compiled with insight from venture capital, private equity, and angel investors, the members on the list are representative of key sectors of innovation in Austin.
The idea behind the Austin A-List is to increase the visibility of local tech startups to ensure that the best ideas coming out of Austin get an opportunity to succeed. The 2012 members received a combined $57.7 million in investment, and the 2013 summer A-List has high hopes.
“The 2013 Summer A-List clearly represents the character of Austin,” says Terrence Spielman, co-chair of the Greater Austin Technology Partners. “Austin continues to grow as a hotbed of technology and innovation.”
The 19 startups selected bring a diverse range of fields to the table that span life sciences, business analytics, mobile applications, lifestyle applications, and more.
Here are the startups that made the cut:
- Adometry is a cross-channel marketing measurement solution that helps marketers solve big data challenges while achieving optimal results.
- AeonClad Coatings is an advanced materials company that uses plasma processing to customize coatings for industrial additives, industrial coatings, medical devices, drug delivery, biological assays, and other specialty coatings.
- Caisson Biotech has built a heparosan-based drug delivery system that creates a novel, stealthy, flexible, and bio-superior vehicle for improved drug performance in the fields of safety, tolerability, efficacy, and quality.
- Digby harnesses the power of location to provide retailers and brands powerful tools for enabling digital, real-time engagement in real world locations via consumers’ mobile devices.
- Famigo is an Android app that makes tablets and smartphones childproof and recommends family-friendly apps for children and parents both to enjoy.
- Gravitant is a comprehensive and long-running cloud services brokerage and management platform that operates across private and public cloud services.
- Invodo drives product sales with compelling video experiences at key points of purchase and consideration.
- Kimbia is a fundraising platform that enables nonprofits and community foundations to create a deeper donor relationship by placing donors at the center of development.
- Localeur is an online community of local insiders who help travelers heighten their experiences in the cities they visit.
- MapMyFitness provides fitness enthusiasts worldwide the ability to map, record, and share their exercise routes and workouts across a large social network of likeminded individuals.
- Mass Relevance gives brands, media, and agencies more for their social media efforts through social experience built into their marketing strategy.
- NOOM is a mobile application that enables users to treat friends, family, and colleagues to a treat or drink.
- Ortho Kinematics is an imaging informatics company that focuses on spine imaging.
- RetailMeNot is a digital coupon marketplace that helps consumers find coupons from retailers across the globe.
- Spiceworks connects IT professionals with technology brands to simplify how they discover, buy, and manage the latest tech products and services.
- SpredFast is a social media management system that tackles the operational challenges facing social enterprises.
- Tango Health helps reduce the total cost of health benefits for employers and employees by maximizing the performance of consumer-directed health plans.
- Televero Health makes it easier to collaboratively manage large populations of people with chronic illnesses and those interested in staying healthy.
- Terapio is a biopharmaceutical company developing therapeutics for radiation exposure and chemical threats to civilian, military, and first responder populations.