Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
- Who Is Chicago’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? [Poll]: This upcoming Thursday, we are having our Tech Cocktail Mixer & Startup Showcase in Chicago. Have you voted for your favorite Chicago startup?
- Are Marketing Technology Startups Taking Over?: There are over 1,000 marketing technologies comprising 45 different categories. Is the shift to enterprise business marketing solutions indicative of new and more marketing tech startups?
- After Closing a $10M Series A Round, Project 100 Re-Brands as Shift: Project 100 founder and CEO Zach Ware announced this week in a blog post that they closed a $10M Series A led by Tony Hsieh, and will re-brand as Shift.
- 3 Ways to Use Psychology to Reach Your Goals Faster: According to Shawn Achor, the author of Before Happiness, happiness is what actually contributes to increased productivity. In his book, he draws on psychology to provide ways through which you can accomplish your goals faster.
- DC’s 1776 Plans to Launch a $25 Million Fund: A recent SEC filing reveals that DC-based incubator, 1776, has plans to launch a $25 million fund.
- Kickstarter Will Become the New Norm for Young Entrepreneurs: Juiceboxx Is the Perfect Example: We look at what young entrepreneurs can learn from Juiceboxx’s successful $25,000 Kickstarter campaign, and examines the benefits of using the crowdfunding platform outside of mere funding.
- The Bouqs Comes Up Empty on Shark Tank, But They’re Still Kicking: Despite leaving the popular show empty-handed, The Bouqs has managed to raise $1.7 million in funding.
- Yik Yak: The App That’s Taking Universities By Storm: The virtual bulletin board has gained a lot of traction on college campuses. We take a closer look at what’s driving that growth and how college students are using it in unconventional ways.
- This Woman Taught Herself Web Design While Traveling the World: Geraldine Le Roux Matthews traveled the world with her husband, and learned web design and front-end development along the way.
- “If You Go to Google You Are Going to Waste Your Brain” – Keith Rabois of Khlosa Ventures: The very first Collision Conference, Rabois spoke about the difficulties of hiring the right talent, especially when startups have to compete against large, more established companies.
- Who is the Challenge Cup’s Hottest Elite 8 Startup? [POLL]: In the final round of 1776′s Challenge Cup competition, only 8 startups are left to compete for the grand prize of $150,000. Which of these 8 is your favorite?
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Grants: The Very Best Way to Fund Your Business: The Federal government has many different programs that can provide support for the development of cutting-edge, innovative technologies in the physical sciences, biological sciences, health, and advanced computing.
Have you pre-ordered our book, yet? Pre-order now on Amazon for Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success.
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!