Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- The Top 20 Angel Investors Ranked: 500 Startups released a ranking of the top 20 angel investors, based on the rate of follow-on investments, exits, their brand, and other criteria. Take a look at the list.
- App Development Company 10Pearls Buys Gemini Security Solutions: The fast-growing DC-area software app development company announced their recent acquisition of Gemini Security Solutions.
- After $192M IPO, GrubHub’s Cofounder Is Biking Across America: GrubHub’s Mike Evans is taking a break from the startup business and is biking across the United States. Read about his motivations for the trip and his experiences thus far.
- A Round of Beer Data for All! PintLabs Acquired by SteadyServ: The creator of three successful apps that help people choose, identify, and locate the perfect beer announced this week that they’ve been acquired.
- Open English CEO Andres Moreno on Raising $120 Million [Video]: We sat down with Open English’s Andres Moreno at our Miami Sessions event. Watch what he has to say about having raised $120 million in funding and Miami’s growing startup scene.
- Post Shark Tank, The Bouqs Brings in $6 Million: The L.A.-based cut-to-order online flower company raised $6 million in a recent Series A round of funding.
- 5 Things You Need to Know about Google’s Android 5 “L”: These are what you need to know about Google’s new operating system that it unveiled at their I/O developer conference.
- Doejo’s Phil Tadros on Opening a New Chicago Coworking Space: The founder of the Chicago-based digital agency made an announcement last month about his plans for a new coworking space. Learn more about the SPACE and why it’s meant to provide a different coworking experience.
- 5 Damn Good Reasons to Startup in Brazil: Yeah, yeah, World Cup, yeah, Brazil, yeah – aside from its phenomenally talented soccer team, Brazil is also a pretty hot spot to startup. Here are the reasons why.
- Jim Bankoff of Vox Media: Content Isn’t The Product: The chairman and CEO of Vox Media sat down with us at our DC Sessions event and talked about the essentials of running one of the fastest-growing digital media companies. The key: don’t just focus on creating great content.
- Slyce Raises $12M for Its Image Recognition Shopping Technology: The visual search platform announced a $12 million raise this week.
- The Formula Behind High-Achieving Employees: In Martin Seligman’s Flourish, he lays out the simple formula for achievement: achievement = skill x effort. Here are the aspects of both skill and effort that you need to assess the next time you’re looking to hire.
- StockUp App Allows You to Easily Find the Best Prices for Your Shopping List: Formerly known as PriceSpotting, StockUp launched a new version of its app this week.
- Now You Can Make Sweet Sweet Love to Your iPad: I just…I just…#icant.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It’s finally here! Our book is available now! Order Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success on Amazon! And, if you’re in the DC area, join us on July 8th to celebrate the launch of Startup Mixology – register here!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!