Last month, the DC-based startup, FedScoop, released its list of Top 50 Women in Tech, which includes the likes of private sector executives like Susie Adams, Microsoft’s Chief Technology Officer for the federal government business, and public sector reps such Teri Takai, the Chief Information Officer at the Department of Defense. In celebration of these great women in tech, FedScoop is holding a special event this Thursday night at the Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company, where it will premiere their short documentary, Tenacity: Women Redefining Leadership. Tech Cocktail managed to get its hands on the exclusive trailer for the documentary.
It’s a short clip, but everything that’s featured gives you a sense that the mini-documentary is sure to be motivating. While I’m not certain it will specifically go over the role of women entrepreneurs in the technology space, I’m sure that the documentary will cover topics pertaining to women in leadership positions. At a time when more women are being encouraged to go into entrepreneurship, it’s important that women are aware of the challenges that come with taking on these leadership roles (mainly: that they will be faced with challenges to their authority and legitimacy precisely because of their sex – the clip of Hillary Clinton at the beginning conveys the frustrations of that treatment).
According to FedScoop, Tenacity features interviews with some of DC’s top tech and political leaders, including:
1) Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., U.S. House of Representatives;
2) Ellen McCarthy, Chief Operating Officer, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency;
3) Alec Ross, former Senior Innovation Adviser for Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton;
4) Stephanie Hill (pictured here), Vice President / GM, Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions – Civil;
5) Maria Horton, former CIO National Naval Medical Center; and
6) Marisa Raether, Senior Principal Consultant, Intuitive.IT.
FedScoop is a government IT media platform for news, events, radio, and television. Tenacity: Women Redefining Leadership is the startup’s first mini-documentary.
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!