On Monday, the White House announced 11 members to the Presidential Ambassadors for Global Entrepreneurship (PAGE) program, a new initiative by the administration to develop entrepreneurial interest and activity in the US and beyond. Ambassadors include the likes of clothing retail star Tory Burch, AOL co-founder Steve Case, and Zillow co-founder Rich Barton.
“When we encourage and support the innate excitement, innovation and drive of young entrepreneurs around the world, magic can happen,” said Barton, in his keynote at last year’s Global Entrepreneurship Summit. “Technology has made the world much smaller, and there are local and virtual resources available to aspiring entrepreneurs today that didn’t exist just a few years ago. I’m excited to do what I can to help ensure creative and transformative ideas can become a reality, wherever they happen.”
First announced at the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Malaysia last October, the PAGE program aims to further innovation and entrepreneurship not solely in the US, but on a global scale. The ambassadors will work closely with the Commerce Department, State Department, and US Agency for International Development (USAID) on various initiatives to help launch and grow businesses. The group met for the first time on Monday with Commerce Secretary Penny Prtizker.
“America’s entrepreneurial spirit has always been a key driver of our economic growth and success,” said Pritzker in a statement. “Not only are our entrepreneurs broadly recognized and admired, but all over the world countries are eager to replicate American practices of embracing and learning from failure, networking, teaching, and encouraging creativity…Through this group, we will take what we know about transforming innovative ideas into thriving companies and share that knowledge around the country and the world.”
Here’s the full list of ambassadors:
- Tory Burch – Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Tory Burch
- Rich Barton – Co-Founder and Executive Chairman, Zillow
- Steve Case – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Revolution; Co-Founder, AOL
- Helen Greiner – Chief Executive Officer, CyPhyWorks; Co-Founder, iRobot Corporation
- Reid Hoffman – Co-Founder and Executive Chairman, LinkedIn
- Quincy Jones – Chief Executive Officer, Quincy Jones Productions
- Salman Khan – Founder and Executive Director, Khan Academy
- Daphne Koller – Co-Founder and President, Coursera
- Hamdi Ulukaya – Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Chobani
- Nina Vaca – Chief Executive Officer, Pinnacle Technical Resources
- Alexa von Tobel – Founder and Chief Executive Officer, LearnVest