Tech Cocktail loves Austin. This is scientific fact. SXSW serves as a festival highlight year in and year out. But it’s been a few years since we’ve had the privilege of hosting a non-SX-inspired Austin Mixer, and quite frankly, it’s been long enough.
On April 24th, Tech Cocktail is bringing the Mixer parade back to Texas’s capital for a night of startups, local tech enthusiasts, and great conversation- served over cocktails, of course.
We’ll have a dozen up-and-coming startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the Mixer kicks off, we want to know what you think - who is Austin’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event). The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple of minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. The winner will also receive inclusion in a top secret, year-end event (get excited). Don’t miss out.
(Startups, apply for the Mixer here)
- AuManil.com - AuManil assists the $40B (2015) online games market to reduce whale churn, increase whale conversion, improve whale acquisition and manage whales across a portfolio of games. Our team of data scientists analyze an individual player’s financial and game play behavior to profile each player in order to predict lifetime value, churn risk and life-cycle patterns.
- Campus Slice - Campus Slice is a crowdfunding site that helps students raise money for tuition.
- Engine Inc. – Engine helps you reclaim your data with the world’s most powerful personal search engine.
- Food by People - Food by People makes selling home baked goods as simple as sharing a checkout link.
- Goodybag - Goodybag is a mobile app that lets you explore the food near you, view full menus of Austin area restaurants, and create personalized collections of your favorite dishes. TapIn with your keycard at our in-restaurant tablets and earn rewards that will automatically transfer to your app profile so everything is stored and easily redeemable. Goodybag is innovating the eating experience.
- Jellifi - Jellifi matches both professional and casual event planners to the best and most unique local talent for flawless and fun events without the stress. Brands and businesses can find immediate access to local caterers, photographers, models and more with Jellifi’s intuitive platform.
- Locotext - Locotext is a geo-marketing platform for brands, businesses, and organizations to create location-based campaigns targeting smartphone users. At Tech Cocktail, for the first time, Locotext will be demonstrating how easy and fast it is to create a geofence-based texting campaign which smartphone users can subscribe to. Additionally, Locotext will offer attendees exclusive access to create their own campaigns (in private beta) which anyone can then experience immediately through the Locotext mobile app.
- MakerSquare - MakerSquare is a school system based in Austin Texas in which students with no technical backgrounds learn to develop software. Within 10 weeks, our program will have our students ready to apply to entry-level positions for startups within Austin.
- ManagerComplete - ManagerComplete is a cloud-based application that helps organizations manage multiple locations. We are a fully-hosted solution priced at $39/location. We make it easy, just login and start managing your locations.
- Rockify - Rockify let’s you experience music videos anytime, anywhere, on any device. It’s like Pandora for music videos (only better).
- Spot On Sciences - Spot on Sciences has created HemaSpot, an easy to use device that uses a finger stick to collect and dry two drops of blood within a protective cartridge, enabling selfsampling from a remote location.
- Tabbedout - Tabbedout is the only only software-based mobile payment solution that lets consumers open, view and pay tabs from their smartphone without the need of a scanner or reader. We integrate directly with most major hospitality point-of-sale systems and require no additional hardware for the merchant.
- UMeTime - UMeTime is a real-time, mobile marketing platform that connects local businesses with their immediate surroundings.