November 19, 2012
Two Interesting Cyber Monday Facts
- The term was first coined by Shop.org in 2004 and used as part of their marketing campaign the following year.
- On Cyber Monday 2012, Tech Cocktail hosted a not-to-be-missed Mixer and Sessions hybrid-event in Boston.
Technically the second fact has not happened yet, but we’re not letting technicalities prevent us from putting together a spectacular event for you.
On November 26th, Tech Cocktail is headed to Beantown to showcase a handful of up-and-coming Boston-area startups while learning the secrets of grassroots marketing from the pro’s (more event info here). The event will feature a new action-packed format, but will maintain the intimate Tech Cocktail Mix n’ Mingle feel that make our events one of a kind.
Before the event begins, we want to know what you think – who is Boston’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event). (Startups apply here)
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple of minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. Don’t miss out.
- BoomWriter Media – BoomWriter.com is an easy to use literacy website that is free for teachers and allows their students to collaborate with classmates to create and publish stories in a competitive environment. Using BoomWriter, kids read, write, compete and get published!
- CoachUp – CoachUp.com helps athletes achieve their full potential by connecting them with great private coaches. As the nation’s leading sports private coaching company, CoachUp has over 6000 coaches in 50+ sports across the country.
- Delightfully – Delightfully adds thoughtfulness to online gifts with their web-wrapping service. At delightfully.com, you can package your gift cards, e-books, video games, and subscriptions in interactive webpages made from your own pictures.
- Equals6 – Equals6 is the professional social network for students. We connect students with the two things they need most: funding and career opportunities.
- Go Pro Workouts – Go Pro Workouts partners with professional athletes to create and sell their workout programs allowing aspiring athletes and fitness enthusiasts the chance to train exactly like their favorite athletes do.
- Mobee – Mobee is an app that rewards you for reviewing businesses. We have thousands of live ‘missions’ that reward you for providing feedback to local businesses — places you’re already going to like Starbucks and McDonalds.
- Native Brain – NativeBrain’s first product, “Native Numbers” is an iPad app which is a turnkey curriculum for developing Number Sense.
- Saverr – Saverr helps shoppers save time and save money by giving custom coupons and circulars based on your previous receipts.
- Wymsee – Sync OnSet (by Wmysee0 is a new software tool for creative professionals working in TV and film. With Sync OnSet, production designers can digitally manage script breakdowns, fitting notes, continuity photos, inventory, and much more.
- ZoomTilt – ZoomTilt’s website is a crowd-sourced marketplace for brands to find video entertainment creators.
Bostonians – join us at the event!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!