November 19, 2012
As winter approaches, temperatures are beginning to approach the “I don’t think I’ll go outside this week” range. We’ve come to learn the only way to overcome the chill is to surround ourselves with the hottest startups (and Mix with cocktails). At the end of this month, we’re headed into the Windy City to do just that.
On November 29th, we’ll be showcasing a dozen up-and-coming Chicago-area startups while catching up with our Second City friends – the technophiles, entrepreneurs, investors, early adopters, socialites, and rabble rousers that make Chicago’s Mixers so consistently epic.
But before the event begins, we want to know what you think – who is Chicago’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event). (Startups apply here)
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple of minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. Don’t miss out.
- Birdfeud – Birdfeud is a social debate tool & platform that is extremely aimed to increase user engagement and drive traffic. It’s a B2B service to brands and online publishers.
- Business Traveler Social – The BTSocial Travel App serves as a tool to connect business travelers in person during their trips by sharing their locations.
- CitySwarm - CitySwarm helps fun-loving urbanites explore their city in an easier and more social way by offering all-inclusive, hassle-free event experiences.
- Evzdrop – Evzdrop is a location-based interest network that allows people stay connected to what’s happening at places in real time. The free mobile app and Web platform allow users to “eavesdrop” to get an inside look at any place they’re interested in through the people who are present and posting about what’s going on at any given moment.
- Fantasy Player Exchange – Fantasy Player Exchange (FPX) is the next great daily fantasy sports game offering the only multisport daily fantasy game on the market.
- Geopollster – GeoPollster makes it easy for citizens to affect change through consumer choices. We’re creating “political value profiles” for companies based on campaign contributions and interest group ratings.
- Kauzu – Kauzu builds tools that connect jobseekers and employers ignored by the $5 billion online staffing industry.
- Parsecco – Parsecco is a team-building tool powered by a project-focused social network. By allowing freelance knowledge workers to highlight the projects they’ve worked on and dynamically link to collaborators, we make it simple to assemble efficient, creative teams.
- QUEsocial – QUEsocial is the first social business platform that extends beyond marketing and outside the firewall to help companies and employees convert their social media activity into measurable business outcomes.
- Stock Mfg. Co. – Stock Mfg. Co is building a collaborative, crowd-sourced clothing brand. It is manufactured entirely by us in our Chicago factory, and sold directly to the consumer through our site, without traditional retail markups.
- Swift Expo – Swift Expo is a software company that provides Software as a Service (Saas) technology, logistics and support to Tradeshow and Exhibition organizers.
Chicago, join us for a night of startups, spirits, and socializing.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!