February 18, 2013
Tech Cocktail loves DC Tech, so it comes as no surprise that we are beyond excited to host our first DC Mixer of 2013. On February 28th, we’re headed to the brand new 1776 to showcase a fresh batch of local startups.
We’ll have a dozen up-and-coming startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the Mixer kicks off, we want to know what you think – who is DC’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple of minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. Don’t miss out.
- AppTalia – AppTalia creates children educational applications for mobile devices. Our goal is to develop a broad curriculum of educational apps ranging from language, science, nature, etc for children around the world.
- Encore – Encore is a simple-to-use, deadly effective online donor communications suite designed just for nonprofits. Encore simplifies the critical communications donors want while maximizing the fundraising ROI a nonprofit can get from their online channels.
- EventStir – EventStir is a crowd-funding platform for events. Create an event, set a goal, either monetary or minimum attendees and promote.
- FundAround – FundAround makes it easier for organizations to gather their members and raise funds for different purposes. FundAround helps leaders organize and track their members and money.
- Hinge – Hinge is an app that helps people meet dates through their friends. Every day at non you get a new batch of friends of friends. Rate your interest in each from 1-5.
- hōrd (by govtribe) – As the only native iOS application backed by 10 years of government procurement data, hōrd brings not only insight, but a little bit of sexy to this barren wasteland of email-driven inefficiency.
- LoveThatFit – LoveThatFit is a virtual ‘Fit’ technology that allows users to try on clothes prior to purchasing, see how they look and fit, and addresses the social aspect of shopping. We offer users the most realistic shopping experience from start to finish.
- Outroop – Outroop connects consumers and independent service providers online. Consumers can post work, review bids and select their provider from any location. Local service providers can create profiles, find work, ask questions, and bid in one place.
- ProConIt – ProConIt is the better way to discuss or debate any topic on the web. Our mission is to change the way public discourse happens online by focusing on consensus opinions instead of fringe arguments and personal attacks.
- RidePost – RidePost is an online marketplace connecting travelers for safe and social ridesharing. RidePost helps travelers save up to 75% on travel costs by sharing the costs of transportation while knowing who they will be sitting next to along the way.
- Seva Call – Seva Call helps you find local businesses to fulfill your service needs instantly, like a free personal concierge service.
- SnapDash – SnapDash is a free mobile app for use on both iOS and Android mobile devices. Part photo, part game, and part social, SnapDash inspires users to take really funny photos by randomly providing one of 500+ scenarios and poses coined “Snaptions” for friends and family to act out.
- TeamBuildr – TeamBuildr is a web-based platform that acts as a data repository and distribution channel for coaches to create workouts for their athletes and social network for the varsity athletic teams to maintain accountability, competition and provide measurable feedback on their strength and conditioning performance.
- WeSparkt – WeSparkt is launching an online platform to connect impact investors with startup investment opportunities in the cleantech, health, education, and sustainability sectors.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!