Last October, Tech Cocktail paid their first visit to Kansas City. With an outpour of enthusiasm for the surrounding startup scene, it didn’t take long to realize it wouldn’t be the last. That’s why Tech Cocktail is thrilled to return to The City of Fountains next week.
Join us on May 7th as Tech Cocktail is headed back to Boulevard Brewing Companye in KC for an evening of startups, local tech enthusiasts, and great conversation- served over cocktails, of course.
We’ll have a dozen up-and-coming startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the Mixer kicks off, we want to know what you think – who is KC’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – cheaters will be disqualified). The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple additional minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. The winner will also receive inclusion in a top secret, year-end event (get excited). Don’t miss out.
(Startups, apply for the Mixer here)
- Connecting for Good, Inc. - Connecting for Good is a nonprofit organization that is bridging the Digital Divide with free in home Internet connectivity, Wi-Fi mesh networks, refurbished PCs and digital life skills instruction for low income families.
- FanAddict - FanAddict is a music events listings service that allows music fans to track their favorite artists and create their own personal music journal. It is a robust mobile application that gives users the opportunity to follow their favorite bands, discover new music, and to document their own scrapbook.
- Fannect - Fannect is a sports app that determines which teams have the best sports fans, and where you rank as a fan of your team.
- Flyover Innovations - Flyover Innovations is a consumer electronics company; we are launching our first product – Blumoo. Blumoo gives you full control of your existing stereo equipment, powered speakers, outdoor stereo, or whole-home audio systems, all from your favorite mobile device. No need to waste your money buying inadequate Bluetooth speakers or high-end receivers to get the convenience of control and streaming from your mobile device. Keep your existing receiver and speaker system and add premium functionality with Blumoo.
- Genneo – Genneo makes linear generators sized to be carried in backpacks and messenger bags. These products convert kinetic energy from natural walking and shaking movement into battery charge. They move with you so they work without you having to think about it.
- KinderReader – KinderReader is a device-based learning-to-read program for 4-7 year olds. It includes 80 lessons, and will be marketed to Pre-schools for their curriculum and will include assessment tools, teaching materials, reporting features, and a communication platform for teachers and parents.
- Leap2 - Leap2 is the first mobile search application that combines search with instant web and real-time social results. Leap2 is built on a Living Search platform that provides real-time information and searches to “live on”; to alert users when new relevant information is published.
- Lucky Orange - Lucky Orange is a suite of usability and customer feedback tools for website owners. It allows you to record and playback visitor browsing sessions, generate heatmaps of visitor clicks/movements/scrolls, let’s you chat with your customers while watching their browsing experience, and offers realtime analytics and customer polls.
- Onspring – Onspring was founded on the idea that business software should be simple and available to companies of any size. Onspring offers business apps that can be downloaded or created from scratch to support almost any business process.
- SportsPhotos.com – SportsPhotos.com is a platform for sports photography. Sports photography is different than most other photography because there is so much structure around sports. They are building an enormous archive of sports photos and properly categorizing them so that people can easily find them.
- SquareOffs - SquareOffs is where the world picks a side. We make online polls social. Right now, polls are taking up real estate on high traffic sites and are great tools for engagement, but they haven’t changed in twenty years. They are not living up to their potential and we’re here to change that. People vote to voice their opinion and then they are done. They are then leaving publisher pages to take the debate out to Facebook and Twitter.
- VolunteerMark - VolunteerMark gives nonprofits the means to deliver an excellent volunteer experience through automatic email reminders, notifications, and recognition for volunteers.