January 5, 2013
A new year; a new wave of early-stage tech startups to shine a spotlight on. Saying that we’re excited for the first event of 2013 is a vast understatement – and we’re kicking off the fun in San Francisco.
We’ll have a dozen up-and-coming startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think – who is San Francisco’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event). (Startups apply here)
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple of minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. Don’t miss out.
- Abiogenix – Producers of The uBox, a smart pillbox that puts medication management in the palm of your hand.
- Apartment List – Apartment List is an apartment search engine that is reinventing the rental market on a foundation of trust and transparency.
- Bright Funds – Bright Funds is a better way to give, helping people direct their charitable giving to the causes they care about.
- Coull – Coull provides a video technology that overlays monetized product links over video content.
- Keen IO – Keen IO is an analytics-platform-as-a-service company that helps app developers build custom analytics & data science features directly into their mobile apps and web dashboards, all using our SDK’s and infrastructure.
- Oru Kayak – The Oru Kayak is a high-performance boat that folds out of a compact case. It uses origami to transform— quickly, easily, and almost magically!
- Planwise – Planwise is a highly engaging set of planning tools & content that quickly shows people the future financial impact of any and all the individual plans they have.
- Revolights – The patented Revolights bike lighting system consists of two narrow rings of LEDs that mount directly to each wheel using a series of clips and ring spacers. Lithium-ion batteries, bracket-mounted to the front and rear hub, supply power to the LEDs.
- RideAuction – RideAuction is unique platform created to utilize transportation providers excess capacity and to allow consumers to negotiate the best price for limo and taxi services in real-time.
- SnapHop – RecruitingHop enables any company to take its hiring process mobile. From creating a beautiful mobile optimized job site to empowering candidates to apply using mobile devices, RecruitingHop builds the size and quality of applicant pools while helping companies gather great data on their candidates.
- StylSavvy – StylSavvy is the ultimate shopping iPad app for fashion and accessories. It is an entirely new idea of what online fashion shopping can be. Shop many stores all in one place.
- SweatGuru by Cake & Green – SweatGuru will be the OpenTable of fitness, providing consumers with a single source for
discovering, reserving, and paying for fitness classes in their area.
- Tangosource – Tangosource provides San Francisco-based Team Extension, also known as remote staffing, helps customers who have mid to long term needs connect with affordable resources that grow with them
- Traffic – Traffic is an iPhone app that makes it simple to share your restaurant recommendations with only people who want your opinion.
- Vilynx – Vilynx’s revolutionary thumbnail summary makes it easy to organize your family videos.
- Wurlpool – The Wurlpool app provides mobile marketing for paid applications in a giveaway environment. Developers initiate giveaway campaigns, and a group of users are selected to enter to win paid applications..
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!