May 16, 2012
As we prepare for the upcoming Tech Cocktail Seattle Mixer and Startup Showcase later this month (register here), we’re curious who is Seattle’s hottest startup? As the headquarters of a number of iconic companies such as Amazon, Starbucks and Microsoft plus newer companies like Zillow, Redfin and Cheezburger, Seattle also hosts a top 15 accelerator program (TechStars Seattle – #7) and Startup Weekend HQ- so obviously the Seattle startup scene is teeming with potential. Seattle is also the home to Geekwire an independent technology news site covering the people, companies and innovations emerging from the Pacific Northwest.
We want you to weigh in. Who is Seattle’s hottest startup? Let us know by making your selection in the poll below.
Are there any startups that we overlooked? If so, let us know in the comments below. We’ll add them to the list.
- Better Grind – a platform utilizing social networks to improve the job search and recruiting process
- Big Fish Games – a game development studio and a game distribution platform for third party developers
- BookieJar - An eBook publishing platform with social media and promotional capabilities
- Bounce – a mobile app that notifies you when to leave for appointments using current traffic conditions
- BuddyTV – an online TV guide and discussion center
- Clipboard – a browser plugin that allows for seamless note-taking, organizing, and sharing
- CoCollage – an interactive community collage television platform to add an alluring visual display at venues, events, and promotions
- Decide – a shopping service to help consumers purchase consumer electronics and home appliances at the right price
- FlexMinder – a free online tool to manage your flexible spending account
- Geedra – a cloud-based solution for visual monitoring of multiple construction and development projects
- Gliph – a mobile app offering granular identity services to make messaging more private and reliable
- Glympse – a mobile service that allows GPS-enabled mobile phone users to share their location via a Web-based map for a pre-set period of time with anyone they choose
- GoMiles – a service to help consumers track airline miles and help educate on the best ways to protect, earn more, or redeem reward miles
- GroupTalent – a closed-network platform where the best projects attract the best developers
- HasOffers – a software as a service company, providing solutions for tracking affiliate advertising performance
- International Experts – a platform that adds transparency to the global mobility marketplace and connects potential clients with global mobility professionals
- LikeBright – a 3rd party date profiling service where women vouch for guys they know
- Napkkin – a mobile app allowing for the exchange of digital business cards
- nFluence – a novel online identity service trying to put user privacy and data collection back into the hands of the consumer
- OfferUp - a mobilized marketplace that offers instant distribution on multiple platforms
- Omnom – a delivery menu search engine targeted at the college market
- Play My Survey – a service that makes surveys engaging by turning them into a game
- Pikaba - a “reverse-ebay” marketplace – consumers create personalized “requests to buy” for products or services, and merchants compete to give them the best price
- Prosodic – social media predictive analytics platform for brands, agencies and publishers.
- Punchkeeper – a mobile loyalty app replacing paper punch cards
- RewardsForce – a platform to help casinos manage their rewards programs
- Romotive – makers of robotic platforms that use smartphones as their brains
- Seconds (formerly Order SM) – streamlines ordering, payments, text communications, and the relationship between local merchants and their customers through the mobile web
- Simply Measured – provides simple social media measurement tools with flexible reports for Excel
- SkyGlue - a web analytics solution that puts Google Analytics on steroids
- Smore – makes it easy to create beautiful, effective online fliers — highly designed single-page websites with a clear purpose
- Sofulo – a mobile app allowing an easy way to find out what your friends are up to, discover new local hotspots and let your friends know about your plans
- Stagester – a live streaming platform that helps musicians monetize their performances and reach more fans
- Talk to the Manager – a mobile platform that allows for anonymous feedback from customers by text message
- Tanzio – is the exact opposite of the way you’re used to finding things. Consumers go to Tanzio.com, post one request, and instantly receive multiple replies and offers from the business community
- TinyPass – enables simple and secure transactions for web and mobile content
- WhichBus – a real-time public transit navigation web app
- Z2Live - a mobile gaming company and the creators of Battle Nations
- Zipline Games – a mobile games company and the creator of the Moai game development platform
- Zulily – an online daily deal site for moms, babies and kids
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!