December 30, 2014
New Year’s Eve is a time to celebrate a new beginning. Many people follow various traditions and beliefs that can bring good fortune for the year ahead. As many entrepreneurs know, when it comes to a successful business, a lot has to do with hard work and a bit of luck. So this New Year’s Eve, try one of these traditions to bring you luck in 2015.
1. The tradition of eating 12 grapes at midnight comes from Spain, where it is believed that it will bring you luck (one grape for each month).
2. In Brazil, traditionally people wear white on NYE to bring peace. For those looking to have fortune and money, the color to wear is yellow.
3. Having money in your wallet at midnight means that money will keep flowing throughout the year.
4. Walking out of your house with luggage open, or taking your luggage around your block, will bring you many travel opportunities in the upcoming year.
5. Take a broom and sweep out your door at midnight. This will take all the negativity out of your life for the New Year.
6. If a stronger relationship is what you are looking for this year, make sure to wear red, or get a kiss at midnight.
7. A very popular tradition in the southern U.S. and around the world is to eat black-eyed peas and lentils which will bring good luck and prosperity.
8. Sleep with a horseshoe under your pillow on New Year’s Eve for good luck.
9. Wear polka dots or carry coins or anything round on NYE. The round shape signifies prosperity in various cultures.
10. Smash some plates, something the Danish do at NYE, to get rid of the past year’s experiences and negative things, and create a fresh start for 2015.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!