November 16, 2010
Description of event:
Ash Maurya has worldwide recognition as one of emerging experts in Lean Startup strategy. The author of Running Lean and numerous respected articles on bootstrapping will join us via Skype to help DC entrepreneurs.
3 DC Startups will present to us and Ash strategies they use to develop markets, get early customers, and build products.
Bootstrapping a company? Looking for co-founders? Searching for that first customer? Or just laying the groundwork for when you quit the day job?
You’re not alone! Meet and mingle with fellow entrepreneurs who have overcome similar challenges.
Sean Glass talking about his new venture which launched it’s first minimum viable product in October.
- How lessons from his previous success (NYSE: ONE) and failure (Pikum.com) have led to his current approaches
- How they’re building tools and processes to make customer development and customer validation a part of company culture
- Using Steve Krug’s usability ideas to iterate the product
Nathan Gilmore (@NathanGilmore) is discussing their web-based gantt application currently in a public beta and releasing in November.
- How we gained over 1300 users with SEO
- Results from our free $100 Google Adword Coupon Test
- Customer Development through different survey techniques and metrics
Greg Coyle & Nip Zalavadia will talk about their new company that facilitates discovery, evaluation and scoring of an online career brand.
Idea validation & development. Pros & cons of Stealth and the Cloud
Free vs. Freemium – what is a minimal credible Product?
Marketing and promotion on a shoestring?
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!