July 3, 2013
HR and recruiting technology is quickly evolving for employers. More and more job seekers are using their mobile devices to apply for jobs, which means employers need to keep up with this trend.
If you’re looking for a new a way to attract talented candidates, consider creating a mobile career app. It’s important for your business to provide accessibility and advice for people who are interested in working for your company. By creating a mobile app for career opportunities, you will be able to connect with more candidates and add a personal touch to your recruiting.
Here are five reasons your business should design a career app:
1. Be social with job seekers. If you want to find the best candidates, it’s important to inform job seekers about the latest career possibilities with your company. By providing company updates via Twitter, blog posts, and video through your career app, job seekers will have everything they need to know about opportunities at your company. PepsiCo Careers created US Possibilities to help job seekers learn about opportunities and search for job postings. The app has helped people learn about jobs with PepsiCo through social media.
2. Instant access to job postings. Job seekers want to have instant access to job postings. By providing a mobile app, job seekers will be able to view the opportunities you have available within your company. Liberty Mutual Careers provides candidates with alerts of postings and refreshes its content daily. This feature allows people to receive the latest updates about open positions related to their interests.
3. Find the perfect match for your business. The evolution of HR and recruiting technology has expanded the pool of talented candidates. A career app would allow you to interact with candidates and provide a personal touch during the application process. People are using their mobile devices to search and apply for jobs; therefore, by creating a mobile app, you will be able to reach more of those candidates. Match.com Careers helps people find jobs they will love through job postings and news about the company.
4. Help job seekers get hired, fast. By creating a mobile career app, you will be able to reach candidates faster and speed up the hiring process. Intel Jobs provides an app that allows job seekers to apply for jobs at lightning speed. Job seekers can also connect with current Intel employees to build the network and quickly discover opportunities.
5. Share your culture with job seekers. Before a person applies for a job, they want to know what the company is like. To help share the experience of your company culture, create a mobile app that provides exclusive video and footage of what its like to work for your business. With GM Careers, job seekers can watch videos of employee interviews and a real-time feed, so they can have a sense of what its like to work for GM.
Recruiting is becoming a mobile process. Job candidates want to easily apply for a job they would love and connect with recruiters at the push of a button. By creating a mobile career app for your business, you will discover how quickly you can attract more talented candidates.
How else do you think businesses can benefit from designing a mobile career app?
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!