April 4, 2011
Tech Cocktail is in Champaign, Illinois tonight, showcasing 6 awesome startups. The event is on the University of Illinois campus, just across the street from the research park and nearby an entire host of high tech companies. As we’ve mentioned before, Champaign is home to Wolfram Alpha and it also houses some of the fastest supercomputers the world. Marc Andreessen, co-founder of Mosaic which turned into Netscape, is a University of Illinois alum along with many others – and we’re surrounded by branches from such notable hi-tech companies as Qualcomm, IBM, Yahoo and more.
- Shotput: Make mailing list sign up easy with Shotput, a service that allows people to join your mailing list through text message.
- Nuvixa: Their revolutionary approach to video communications adds excitement and a high level of engagement to your online presentations, such as webinars, video conferences, and more.
- College Apartment Center: Their search platform makes it easy to find off-campus housing.
- Confidence: the Game: A family-friendly trivia game show app for the iPhone, iPad, and iTouch.
- ZingZag: ZingZag! Pro software allows any business to easily create and distribute, via popular social media channels, vibrant and engaging content that consumers will want to share with others.
- Mirror.me: Mirror.me allows you to organize social media data to find out what people are interested in.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!